Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

CSV import product if image does not exist

Munnday

Total Posts:  1

I was wondering if it was possible to still import a product using CSV even if a product image dosn’t exist.

We will be using an automatically generated CSV file form our suppliers to populate our online front.  Not all of the products have images assigned to them - it is also impossible for us to filter through all products to check if they have images or not.

Every item in the CSV file has an image assigned to them , and we have uploaded the 90% of images that do exist.

When Magento imports, if the product dosn’t have an existing image it completely skips that product, is there anyway to have magento import the product with no image when it realizes the image isn’t on the server?  We are using 1.6.1.0

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

luciddreams

Total Posts:  23

Are You sure it skips the product with no image? I’ve got the same situation, but is says “Image does not exist.” and imports product anyway.

Magento Community
Magento Community

OscarM

Total Posts:  1

You can give this a go: www.file2cart.com
it imports products with all necessary product info from csv. i don’t think images will cause a problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ThomasB78

Total Posts:  13

i agree with OscarM. I had the same problem and this service helped me a lot. Try it. Probably it will help you too.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community