Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Onepage Checkout Billing Information is not being validated

mattkosoy

Total Posts:  1

I recently upgraded a magento instance from 1.4.1 to 1.6.1.0, and after the updgrade was complete users can no longer use the one page checkout form to make purchases. At step #2, after filling out your billing info and clicking the “continue” button a JS alert appears and instructs the user to add data to all of the fields (see attached screenshot). 

I am not seeing any JS errors in the console.  My hunch is that the URL to which this AJAX request is being POST’ed too is not able to grab the values from the form fields.  Any ideas as to why this is happening, and how I might go about fixing it?

Help!!!!!!!

Image Attachments
Screen Shot 2011-11-14 at 1.50.52 PM.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Nheru

Total Posts:  24

I am having a similar problem. It seems like it passes the Javascript validation but the values are lost when they get to the PHP in Magento, whether they’re lost before the PHP or after.

I would love to see if anyone has some insight on this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

KKKonrad

Total Posts:  79

Maybe you should first check it in default magento template, I think it could be problems with your custom template

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nheru

The problem exists whether using our custom template or another. Testing it with the modern theme and the default (blank) theme the problem still exists. I’m at my wits end trying to identify this problem.

Thank you for your suggestion though.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nheru

Please do share your resolution if you have found one.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

You will need to compare your original checkout.xml file with the new checkout.xml file in your base directory after your upgrade.

There will be some diffs that will need to be updated to your xml file. After this is done your checkout should work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hankzh

Total Posts:  56

To find it out the root reason, try to disable all the shipping service such as fedex, usps etc.,.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hongny

Total Posts:  1

Hey, I am facing the similar problem and wanted to solve this soon but upto now can’t able to solve so if you know how it ll be resolved then kindly share with me. I am also passes the same with many of my friend and most probabily get the soln soon. After getting the solution I must share this here..

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nheru

@Brent

This problem occurs whether using my custom theme or the default theme from 1.6.1.0. That should rule out a possible problem with checkout.xml.

It seems like the problem is in the database, which I know is a big can of worms. I was hoping to find others with similar problems in an effort to keep my issue from being shrugged off as ‘random database corruption, no help for you’ kinda thing.

I have found some suggest manually changing a value in the database, but that seems like playing with fire when you don’t understand why the value is there in the first place. Also I’ve tried it, and it fixed nothing. In fact it just presented more similar errors, not validating the entire address properly.

@hankzh

I’ll have to double check that. It doesn’t seem likely as we previously developed our theme for 1.5.1.0 and since our host created our ‘fresh’ development environment we’ve had this problem ever since.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hankzh

Total Posts:  56

It is because of fresh environment with module missed.

Nheru - 20 December 2011 01:09 PM

@hankzh

I’ll have to double check that. It doesn’t seem likely as we previously developed our theme for 1.5.1.0 and since our host created our ‘fresh’ development environment we’ve had this problem ever since.

Magento Community
Magento Community

meinstein1987

Total Posts:  16

I AM HAVING EXACT SAME PROBLEM ON BACK END MY SHIPPING AND NOT GIVING ME RATES WHEN I MAKE CUSTOMER ORDER AND ON FRONT END I CANNOT GET PAST THE BILLING INFORMATION ON CHECK OUT ANY IDEAS

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community