Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Reset Password Page - Blank after upgrade

GraffxDev

Total Posts:  27
Scottsdale Arizona

Hello,

After the upgrade from 1.4 to 1.6.1 I am getting a blank page when a customer goes to the link provided in the email to reset their password.

example link:
https://www.domain.com/customer/account/resetpassword/?id=15452&token;=6405ff742ab04c34d4546a2af9f5dfb33

Please let me know how to trouble shoot this or if you know what is going on.

Thank you,
Matt

[I am not sure why there is a semicolon after the token= but it is not there in the address bar just when I post it in here]

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

GraffxDev

Total Posts:  27
Scottsdale Arizona

UPDATE

If I alter the token it will just load a page saying “Your password reset link has expired.”

So it looks like it only errors when it is correct and it is trying to go to the next page.

any help would be much appreciated.

Would pay for the answer

Magento Community
Magento Community

super tonio

Total Posts:  57

We’re getting the same issue, blank page no matter what the URL is. Any help out there? Appreciate it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

DrBillNye

Total Posts:  96
Boulder, CO

same here, anyone figure this out?

I’ve reset permissions (as it’s a 500 error, thinking that might be it) my guess is there is a templated page somewhere that didn’t come through with the upgrade.  Any ideas?

Also, when it emails out a new password, it is going out blank for me {{ var customer.password }} isn’t giving anything.

magento 1.6.1.0

Magento Community
Magento Community

glideranderson

Total Posts:  18

I am having the same issue with the email link resulting in error.

Now I am also having a problem with the reset password not sending out an email. I got the email once, now I am not.

Magento Community
Magento Community

DrBillNye

Boulder, CO

k, got it, our customer.xml has grown outdated.  I just renamed mine from my template directory (app/design/frontend/default/[template]/layouts/customer.xml so it would pull the default (you can also do a diff on the two and merge them) and that fixed it. 

credit - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7915515/magento-password-reset-link-is-not-working

Magento Community
Magento Community

glideranderson

http://www.sitesquad.net/squak/161-magento-upgrade/

scroll down to Configuration changes and Design changes

This describes things that you might need to change if the password reset is not working.

Good luck

Magento Community
Magento Community

glideranderson

Well, so much for the above solving my problem. I have updated my customer.xml with the new updated one (1.6.1). I get the password reset email,

I click on the email link (../customer/account/resetpassword/?id=26722&token;=cf10ea401742089a9f5582826d316adf)
Get redirected to customer login. I see no error, no 500 internal server error.

Looking into this problem. If anyone knows what is wrong I would love to hear, thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

DrBillNye

Boulder, CO

what happens if you scrap the customer.xml from your template directory (or just rename it), same stuff?  Make sure you are clearing your var/cache too eh

Al

Magento Community
Magento Community

glideranderson

I renamed my customer.xml, cleared var/cache. Still get redirected to login after clicking on link in reset password email.

Magento Community
Magento Community

glideranderson

One more question, does any one know what this “new two step” password reset actions are that have been introduced as of 1.6. Right now my process goes like this.

Get the email with reset password link.
Get redirected to account login.
I login
Then I get the reset password screen.

It should be I get teh password reset page first, then the login page.

Magento Community
Magento Community

glideranderson

SOLVED!!

So my problem was on of my extensions extended the customer ActionController.php. I had to add

\’resetpassword\’,
\’resetpasswordpost\’

to the function validActions() within my extension\’s ActionController.php (in controllers)

and copied the following functions from my default ActionController.php to my extensions ActionController.php

resetPasswordAction and
resetPasswordPostAction

Now then I click on the link in the email, it shows the reset password page. YEAH!

I hope this helps someone!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Turnkeye
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  908
URL: turnkeye.com

If you get a blank password in forget password email, try the following easy solution:

1) Open Magento admin panel -> Configuration -> Customer Configuration -> Password Options
2) Switch the ‘Forgot Email Template’ to ‘Forgot Password (Default template from locale)’.

Magento will use new templates for forgot password feature, instead of old ones.

Magento Community
Magento Community

need4speed

Total Posts:  84

I got it fixed after I copied the part from the customer.xml file

From

<!--
New customer registration
-->

and down.

And replaced it with my current customer.xml file.

Magento Community
Magento Community

GoodLock

Total Posts:  2

hello there

i am getting a problem to reset password at the back end of Magento 1.7
retrieve password link is stack and not working. how can i enable it to send email.

your assistance will be appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

innerwolf

Total Posts:  70
Leicester UK

DrBillNye - 17 November 2011 10:31 PM

k, got it, our customer.xml has grown outdated.  I just renamed mine from my template directory (app/design/frontend/default/[template]/layouts/customer.xml so it would pull the default (you can also do a diff on the two and merge them) and that fixed it. 

credit - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7915515/magento-password-reset-link-is-not-working

Flushed Cache and cleared var/cache and this solved the problem in 1.7.0.2. Thank you!!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2