Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Disable cart redirect when adding new product? 

winans_fred

Total Posts:  83

Hi,

Is it possible to add a product to the cart *without* redirecting to the cart?  This is very clunky.  In addition, there is no “continue shopping” button in the cart… am I missing something?

Thanks,

Fred

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Jonathan Hedrén

Total Posts:  67
Sweden

To “stop” the redirect I would try to overload Mage_Checkout_CartController::_backToCart() and/or the addAction()-method in that class (and add a “backToProduct"-method). I’ll try to help you out if you need some advice about this…

Magento Community
Magento Community

winans_fred

Total Posts:  83

Please feel free to elaborate.  I don’t have the time to figure it out right now.  Thank you!

Magento Community
Magento Community

joanna

Total Posts:  16

Actually, it’s configurable now on the latest release 0.7.15480.

You can find the option under admin System - Configuration - Sales tab and then in Shopping Cart section, set After adding a product redirect to shopping cart to No.

Hope that helps.
Joanna

Magento Community
Magento Community

addisonk

Total Posts:  5

I did as you recommend, and after they press add to cart, it goes to the homepage! Can this be changed to stay on the same page?

Ideally I would like a add to cart that takes no page reload whatsoever such as used in http://showroom.myshopify.com/ using ajax i believe.

It could even use the shopping cart on the right column, just so it doesn’t reload.

Magento Community
Magento Community

iblastoff

Total Posts:  252

if you set it correctly (probably have to clear your system cache as well), then adding an item to a cart will display this message above “Product Name was successfully added to your shopping cart.” without redirecting anywhere.

Magento Community
Magento Community

addisonk

Total Posts:  5

It does when you are on a product page, but I searched for a product, and then clicked the add to cart by product in the search results page, and it redirects to homepage.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ll4Dll

Total Posts:  7

Hi was this resolved ....

I have created a static block with products but the add to cart keeps redirecting to the index page.....  I am using this

http://storename.com/magento/checkout/cart/add/uenc/,/product/{$data_array[’product_id’]}/ to link products images.  Any help would be great.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MartinaL

Total Posts:  82

I am trying to use this as well (in version 1.3.0) and I have it set to No, have cleared my cache and it is still redirecting to the shopping cart every time I add a product?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ll4Dll

Total Posts:  7

MartinaL - 01 April 2009 06:02 PM

I am trying to use this as well (in version 1.3.0) and I have it set to No, have cleared my cache and it is still redirecting to the shopping cart every time I add a product?

It works with my products in list and grid views it will also work if i include a static block but i had to capture the setLocation() url to make it work on cms pages.

to see the setLocation() of a product just view sourse.  As for1.3.0 have not been that brave to up grade as yet.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mmay

Total Posts:  10

Funny I don’t see these settings in 1.2.0.3 version.

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Periculi

Total Posts:  249

System->Configuration->Checkout is where I found the option.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community