Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Assistance getting the Fontis eWay module working

lucas_obrien

Total Posts:  5

Hey,

I wanted to ask for help from the community to be ready to launch our first Magento site. I am unable to get the Fontis eWay payment module working installed in Magento 1.6. The eWay option is available on the checkout page but when selected doesn’t show the fields to enter the credit-card information. Less then ideal smile The install looked to go through seamlessly and the configuration in the backend is correct (I believe) .

What should we be looking to do to diagnose the problem? The default Credit Card ‘Saved’ option works fine. 

Look forward to your thoughts,
Lucas.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

Are you using a customised theme? If so, I would start looking there…

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

lucas_obrien

Hi Neil,

We are using a custom theme that I suspect is causing the issue. I have contacted the Creative Agency/Developer that built the site to have a look into this for me and I will report back with their findings. With so many things going on to get ready for launch its hard to keep track of what might be the logic cause of issues like this.

Thanks,
Lucas.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

I feel you pain! Webstores are the new ‘black hole’ into which you endlessly pour money!

I’m guessing it is connected to the theme as the Eway module is a very much tried and tested modules that causes very few problems.

Do post back here when you track it down for other people’s benefit.

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

eWAY_Partners

Total Posts:  3

Hi Lucas,

As per our quick chat this morning, I’m glad you and your developers have identified the issue.

I look forward to seeing what your developer identifed as the cause of the error you were receiving.

If you ever have any other issues relating to your payment module, please feel free to contact eWAY to discuss.

Regards,

Partner Manager
1800 10 65 65
www.eWAY.com.au

Magento Community
Magento Community

lucas_obrien

eWAY_Partners - 16 November 2011 03:38 PM

Hi Lucas,

As per our quick chat this morning, I’m glad you and your developers have identified the issue.

I look forward to seeing what your developer identifed as the cause of the error you were receiving.

If you ever have any other issues relating to your payment module, please feel free to contact eWAY to discuss.

Regards,

Partner Manager
1800 10 65 65
www.eWAY.com.au

I must say, I was impressed you call me earlier today to see if you could help with our issue! Again, thank you for that.

Fortunately, the solution was a simple one. The template files where installed into /app/design/frontend/default/defaul but our site is using a custom namespace /app/design/frontend/clickable/default.

I don’t know the details further then that sorry but I am relieved to have it working.

Take care,
Lucas

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community