Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Checking fix for 1.5 to 1.6.1 update

ericlowe

Total Posts:  8

I just completed updating from 1.5.1.0 to 1.6.1.0.  I did the usual precautions of turning off the cache, cleared the cache and sessions, and installed from the shell.

When I tried to open the site (and trigger the DB update) I started getting errors. Here is the first error.
Error in file: “path-to-root/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/sql/sales_setup/mysql4-upgrade-1.5.9.9-1.6.0.0.php” - Column “base_shipping_hidden_tax_amount” does not exists on table “sales_flat_invoice”

I changed the field base_shipping_hidden_tax_amount in table sales_flat_invoice back to base_shipping_hidden_tax_amount from base_shipping_hidden_tax_amnt and changed the code in app/code/core/Mage/Sales/sql/sales_setup/mysql4-upgrade-1.5.9.9-1.6.0.0.php so that it didn’t change the field name. I then proceeded to the get all the following errors and make the same change until the site finally loaded.

So far it seems to run fine (serious testing is next), but what I want to know is if I am messing up the site for future updates or modules?
There must have been a reason that the field names were changed, but it appeared that part of the update was not notified of these field name changes. I’ve been searching for hours for a solution to this and it concerns me that my I didn’t see this solution else ware. (I saw the problem a few times)

Column “base_shipping_hidden_tax_amount” does not exists on table “sales_flat_invoice”
Column “base_shipping_hidden_tax_amount” does not exists on table “sales_flat_creditmemo”
Column “base_shipping_hidden_tax_amount” does not exists on table “sales_flat_quote_address”
Column “forced_do_shipment_with_invoice” does not exists on table “sales_flat_order”
Column “payment_authorization_expiration” does not exists on table “sales_flat_order”
Column “number” does not exists on table “sales_flat_shipment_track”

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

BartPop

Total Posts:  30

Hi Eric,

I experienced many of the same problems when updating my 1.5.1.0 site to 1.6.1.0 recently… Glad I worked through the process on my development server! In my case, I was having trouble with my configurable products so I ran through the upgrade three times before I came across a procedure that seems to have things running smoothly…

1. Back-up your site and database.
2. Run the Magento Database repair tool on your 1.5.1.0 database, comparing it with a clean 1.5.1.0 install.
3. Run the upgrade to 1.6.1.0
4. Run the Magento Database repair tool on your upgraded database, comparing it with a clean 1.6.1.0 install.

In my case, I found that I even needed to add a couple of configurable products to my clean 1.6.1.0 database before running the database repair tool for things to finally start working properly in 1.6.1.0. Things seem to be working well now.

It’s a lot of work, I know, but not compared to hours of chasing down unexplainable behavior.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ericlowe

Total Posts:  8

Thanks for the advise BartPop.

Fortunately I did the upgrade on my dev site too, that was my second attempt at it. I haven\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\’t used the DB repair tool but I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\’ll give it a shot.

Magento Community
Magento Community

imwy2cool

Total Posts:  164

Here is a solution for upgrading that might help anyone else experiencing upgrade issues with 1.6.1 . . . and probably other Magento versions: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/268899/.

My solution was a bit of a pain, and it was tedious . . . but it worked and after running the database repair tool I have had no issues so far.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Col. Hajj

Total Posts:  38

ericlowe - 11 November 2011 04:23 PM

changed the code in app/code/core/Mage/Sales/sql/sales_setup/mysql4-upgrade-1.5.9.9-1.6.0.0.php so that it didn’t change the field name.

How did you do this part please?

Thank you,

Keith

Magento Community
Magento Community

pacmanfan

Total Posts:  17

I am doing a 1.5.1.0 to 1.8.1.0 upgrade. I struggled with the following errors for a while:
Column “base_shipping_hidden_tax_amount” does not exist in table “sales_flat_invoice”
Column “base_shipping_hidden_tax_amount” does not exist in table “sales_flat_creditmemo”
Column “forced_do_shipment_with_invoice” does not exist in table “sales_flat_order”

After seeing BartPop\’s post about the database repair tool, I ran it against a clean 1.5.10 database, and after that was able to get the 1.8.1.0 upgrade to finish! All seems well with the upgrade.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community