Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento vs Wordpress

bapjo4

Total Posts:  1

Greetings!

I am debating which platform should I go with… Wordpress or Magento… for my website.

My plan:

I will not run a warehouse or manage inventory (in the far future, I definitely will use Magento to run physical inventory at my warehouse, right now, I don’t have warehouse).

I will make money from the affiliate program such as selling amazon.com products or any other website products on my website.

I will not send out tech people to the sites to do the projects.

My website will make money by referring business to customer’s request (will have business directory).

I would like to hear your recommendation or suggestion on which platform and also extensions for Magento Community if Magento is recommended.

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

egrovesystems

Total Posts:  36

No doubt, you can go using Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagneticOneTeam

Total Posts:  253
USA

bapjo4 - 10 November 2011 10:37 AM

Greetings!
I am debating which platform should I go with… Wordpress or Magento… for my website.

I would recommend Magento. It is known for being extremely flexible and customizable solution. You can do whatever you want in your Magento shop since you get full access to source code. You can get even more functionality via extensions and addons. It can also boast of high end options and high income results.
So, if you plan to use Magento in the future, there is no need to wait.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnexPaul

Total Posts:  3

Magento is the best for your business purpose. Now a days magento commerce is one of the most excellent Open Source solution which offers peerless control over an eCommerce management system available in the world today.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ditindiadev

Total Posts:  10

Wordpress is ideal for ecommerce needs if only selling a few products. If you mainly have a site that is driven by content and news updates and you sell a few t-shirts or tickets to an event then the Word Press eCommerce Plugin will work for you. Below is a list of the general well known facts about WordPress eCommerce.

- Tons of eCommerce 3rd party plugins to choose from to fit your needs
- Easily integrate your eCommerce into your existing WordPress theme
- Not as secure as Magento, WordPress has been frequently hacked.
- Unfortunately, 3rd party plug-ins are less reliable which isn’t good when it comes to selling products or tickets.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community