Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Connect Updates - Extension Status, Approval Process NOV 9, 2011

Rhonda_Rondeau
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  924
Culver City

Greetings Developers,

I am still noticing that there are some folks struggling with the new process and also uploading free extensions, so I wanted to check in to provide you with some useful tips and information. It is important for you to be aware of the new process in order to make extension approval go smoother.

Extension moving back to pending from Submitted
If you have recently noticed that your extension has gone back to pending status from submitted status, this is because there is a problem with your extension.  In the past, we’ve used the incomplete status, but with new connect we no longer have that and we use pending. Your extension will stay in the pending status until you have completed the details, and uploaded the package (if applicable.) When you are ready for your extension to be approved, you must SUBMIT your extension for approval by clicking the “Submit for Approval” button on the extension details page..  If you do not do this step, your extension stays in pending status and we will not know on our end if you’re ready to have it looked at.

Statuses
Here are the statuses we use and what they mean.
Pending = This status indicates your extension is still in development
Submitted = This status indicates to us that you are ready to have us review your extension
Live = self explanatory wink

Not Approved = This should indicate to you that your extension did not pass review.  If there is a problem with your extension, we will not mark it as not approved, but put it back to the pending status.

Tips for Uploading Extensions
We now give you the option to create your own extension key for your free up loadable extension.  In the past we generated these keys for you but what you probably didn’t know was that these keys were based directly on the name of your extension. It’s very important to note that if you are uploading a package to Magento Connect—the package name must be IDENTICAL to the new extension key created by you.  For instance:

If you create an extension called “My New Extension”—you should create similar extension keys but using an underscore instead of a space.
My New Extension should have the extension keys of My_New_Extension.  Also when uploading the package, it should be identical (extension key+version.tgz) So if you repackaged a 2.0 version of this extension it would look like this: My_New_Extension-2.0.0.tgz.

Please be aware: If you do not make the package identical to the key you created, your extension will fail on upload.

Deleting Specific Versions of Your Extension
This functionality has been removed.

Common Packaging Problems
Reminder! When packaging extensions be sure to pay attention to the version of Magento you are working on—as well as which versions of Magento you intend for your extension to support.

Reminders for packaging in 1.4 or earlier versions of Magento
If you are packaging on a system with Magento version 1.4.x or earlier—you must package with magento-community as the channel.  The package generated by the system will reside in the var/pear directory. This is the file you must upload in order to generate the 1.0 version of the extension. If you would like to also support the 2.0 (or 1.5 and later) version of the extension, be sure to check those boxes and magento connect system will create the 2.0 for you.  This only works when you’re uploading from var/pear.

Reminders for packaging in 1.5 or later versions of Magento
Packaging has changed in version 1.5 and later. You now have the options to package for 1.4 and earlier versions of Magento or 1.5 and later versions of Magento.  Weather you select pre 1.5 or 1.5 and later (or both) you still must package with channel communitySome folks have the impression that packaging using the pre 1.5 option should use the same channel as 1.4 but this is not the case. Use single word ‘community’ only.

If you package only using the 1.5 or later option, the system will only create the 2.0 version of the extension. This file is generated in the var/connect directory during the packaging process. Use this file only if you intend to ONLY support 1.5 and later versions of Magento (or 2.0 extensions)

Your USER NAME
Please DO NOT change your username username is directly linked to packaging and if you change it you will lose the ability to update that extension in the future.

Questions? Send them to Magento Connect team at connect at magento dot com

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

PGTycoon

Total Posts:  3

I want to install this extension however what link do I need to enter in my Magento connect, just \"magento-community/RicoNeitzel_PaymentFilter\"doesn\’t work, nor is there a download link for this extension or other extensions for that fact. Before all these changes I was able to add \"http://connect20.magentocommerce.com/community/\" in front of it. I truly find these changes Magento made a dissapointment. Where is the usability/ functionality I am used to with Magento. Seems they threw it out of the window since it was bought by Ebay.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rhonda_Rondeau
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  924
Culver City

PGTycoon - 12 November 2011 06:10 AM

I want to install this extension however what link do I need to enter in my Magento connect, just \"magento-community/RicoNeitzel_PaymentFilter\"doesn\’t work, nor is there a download link for this extension or other extensions for that fact. Before all these changes I was able to add \"http://connect20.magentocommerce.com/community/\" in front of it. I truly find these changes Magento made a dissapointment. Where is the usability/ functionality I am used to with Magento. Seems they threw it out of the window since it was bought by Ebay.

We understand that many changes brought some confusion with the new processes. If I can help you, please email me directly at communitymgr at magento dot com.

I am not sure which extension you’re talking about but happy to help you through the process if I can.

Magento Community
Magento Community

PGTycoon

Dear Rhonda,

Thank you for your reply, how ever I am I to reach you by mail if this is not known perhaps send it to my personal inbox? I can not send you a personal message because staff members are blocked from this. I received a PM about this when I tried to send the extension developer a mail and PM. I got an automated email telling me I can not PM/email staff members which is kind of strange since this developer is from what I can see not a staff member of Magento.

This is the reply I get trying to email and send a personal message to a developer, imo very strange and should not happen.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hello,

Thank you for contacting a member of the Magento Team. Unfortunately, we are not accepting private messages at this time.

If this is a support issue, please note that support is provided by the community through the forums. Professional and guaranteed support services are available - to learn more please visit http://www.magentocommerce.com/services/support-sla.

If you’d like to discuss business opportunities and/or contact us directly, please visit the contact page at http://www.magentocommerce.com/company/contact-us

Thanks again!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Magento Community
Magento Community

Magextended

Hello,

How long does the process of approval usually take? I have submitted mine a week ago. Still its status is submitted.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kalenjordan

Total Posts:  218
Pasadena, CA

Hey Rhonda, got bumped from Submitted back to Pending.  I think I\’ve got all my ducks in a row as far as the Version Number, Extension Key, etc.  There were a couple hiccups when I was initially uploading it though.

When I first uploaded the tgz, it gave me both an error message and a success message at the same time.  I wasn\’t sure if it had gone through, so I tried uploading again and got an error that it was already uploaded.

Ended up deleting the first Extension and creating a new one.  I bumped the minor version number (0.1.0.75 to 0.1.0.76) (and actually made a quick UI improvement while I was a it).

I ended up deleting the 0.1.0.75 version because it didn\’t seem to be configured properly.

I don\’t have any email with details on what\’s wrong with it.

Also I *did* change my username fairly recently, I know in your guidelines you said that\’s a no-no.  Sorry, won\’t be changing it again any time soon.

Magento Community
Magento Community

honeyeshop

Total Posts:  1

Hello,

I have almost the same question, what’s wrong with approval process? I submited my extension 2 or 3 weeks ago and it’s still in pending status. I think I made all necessary steps to be approved. Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

kalenjordan

Pasadena, CA

I’m re-reviewing the notes in the thread and trying to see whether there’s anything I can do differently. 

1. Extension moving back from Submitted to Pending.  Yep, this happened.  So I understand that there’s a problem with the extension, but not sure what that problem might be or how to resolve it.

2. Extension key - The extension key matches the package naming.  Of course this is validated by the extension uploader itself, so it’s a given.

3. Deleting specific versions - Yes, I did delete one of the first versions I uploaded, b/c it seemed like there were problems with the upload.  However the subsequent version uploaded should be fine, and the version number wasn’t recycled.

4. Version number - I’ve tested it in v1.6.1, the Magento “Create Extension Package” feature only options “1.5.0.0 & later” or “Pre-1.5.0.0”, so I selected the former.  For the versions under Magento Connect > Edit extension > Community > Versions, I selected 1.6 and 1.6.1. 
4.1. I’m going ahead and also selecting 1.5 in that list, to match up with the selection of “1.5.0.0 & later” that I made when I packaged it, perhaps that’s the problem.

5. I have channel set to just “community” as per the instructions for my supported version numbers.

6. Username was changed around the time that I initially uploaded the extension.  I can still edit the extension, so I don’t think there have been any problems there.

7. I’ve emailed this to communitymgr at magento dot com

Magento Community
Magento Community

kalenjordan

Pasadena, CA

For reference, here are the extension guidelines.  Turns out I was missing an extension icon (mentioned in the guidelines) and had some issues with my extension html description.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MANAdev

Total Posts:  18
Worldwide

Hi Rhonda,

We are also waiting for approval of our new extension - Performance Booster extension

Magento Community
Magento Community

ssolutions

Total Posts:  6

I have submitted our extension a week ago and its status is submitted, no change. How long does the process of approval usually take?

Magento Community
Magento Community

MANAdev

Total Posts:  18
Worldwide

Thank you, it is active now, but now we have other issue - we do not see it in our extensions list in our account.

Magento Community
Magento Community

BlueclawEcomm

Total Posts:  35
Leeds, UK

I have an approved extension showing in magento connect but when i attempt to install it on a fresh install (tried both 1.5 and 1.6) i get

“community/Blueclaw_ContainingCategories: No releases for ‘Blueclaw_ContainingCategories’, skipping”

The extension is this one and the connect url is

http://connect20.magentocommerce.com/community/Blueclaw_ContainingCategories

Any clues as to what I am doing wrong?

Magento Community
Magento Community

aprudnikovas

Total Posts:  61
Ireland

Hi
I continuously get “not approved” status, where to get help on it, packed under guidelines, was OK before changes in marketplace. Is there a Blockage in Marketplace for some free stuff? I want to submit (http://boomboom.shildek.com/)

Magento Community
Magento Community

SkyyLine

Total Posts:  4

Hello,

I can’t find any documentation to publish extensions for Enterprise platform on Magento Connect.
Thank you in advance if you could clearly explain me how to do.

Magento Community
Magento Community

olegnax

Total Posts:  51
Mukolaev, Ukraine

Hi Rhonda,

We are also waiting for approval of our new extensions for about 3 weeks:
- Olegnax Gfonts
- Celebrity magento theme

Maybe connect team increase time for review? It was saying - review can take up to 10 days

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2