Magento Forum

Import incomplete csv files

Roeltje

Total Posts:  19
Waalwijk, Netherlands

Is it possible, after some modification, to import ‘incomplete’ csv files where the incomplete fields (things as status) get an predefined value.

I’ve got some csv’s from affiliates, can download em automatic, can map the fields in that csv to the right fields in Magento via Advanced profiles import, but it won’t import because of some missing values… Those values are the same for all of the file… so it’s no problem if they are hardcoded somewhere…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

chiefair
Mentor

Total Posts:  1848

I use Access for that.

Import the manufacturer csv into a table, create a query that pulls the data from it translated to the proper Magento column headings and then default fill the other required columns with proper name and value. Export as UTF-8 csv file and you’re ready for import.

Ever after, import CSV, call up query and export. As long as no column titles change, you’re home free from now on.

Otherwise you have to use Excel or some spreadsheet and you’re always fiddling around with creating the extra columns and doing spill and fills for the default data, a waste of time in my books.

If you want the import routine to do it directly without preprocessing, then Scott at commerceextensions.com has created many different custom import/export extensions and might be the go-to person for making this happen.

The nice thing about Access is that it’s “extensible” in that you can easily support multiple vendors without having to do code rewrites.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  877
FRANCE

Magmi can do this and many more.

In magmi profiles you can define “default values” that will be applied as if they were csv columns.
more poweful, magmi value replacer plugin can even create computed values from existing values at import.

take it a look here

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community