Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

dynamic imaging? 

richbit

Total Posts:  5

Hello everyone,

I am evaling Magento for the company I work for. One of the requirements is to be able to generate images dynamically. Take this example:

A t-shirt is offered in red, green, and blue. When a customer chooses the non-default option (say blue), I need to call a server either through cURL or Javascript (jQuery) that runs code on a different server (but on the same domain, so we don’t have x-domain issues) that generates and sends back to the requester the image src. I don’t want to store the thousands and thousands of images needed, I just need to retrieve the image source via an ajax call and pass it back to the main product image.

I suspect I’d use jQuery for this. Can you tell me:

1. Is this possible?
2. Has anyone else done this?
3. Where would I start looking in the code to find the calls to the product images?

Thank you, I hope I explained this well and am happy to clarify.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hi, you may start from the Image-Based Dynamic Configurable Products extension.  It changes the product description and image using AJAX and it is open source, so you can modify the algorithm.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community