Magento Forum

The BIG Paypal and Magento for not supported currencies

SonicE

Total Posts:  47
Bulgaria

Why I’m writing this?
Cause I’m a magento developer since 2007 (lunched the first production site based on 0.9.8 beta) and today I was asked to enable PayPal on a Bulgarian online store.

The result - a whole day searching the net for solution.

The Issue - The store use BGN (Bulgarian Lev) as base currency and the default view currency is also BGN. BGN is not supported by PayPal and this restricts all Bulgarian stores using Magento to enable PayPal as a payment method.

The only way to get something working is to set the base currency to EUR, default currency BGN and to configure currency rates. Then you’ll be able to send orders trough PayPal but you need to enter all your prices in EUR (no one need this).

For example shopping carts like osCommerce and ZendCart (not so powerful as Magento) have “PayPal Transaction Currency” so everyone with NONE supported currency can operate with PayPal.

When you install a default Magento the first thing you’ll see is “Accepting PayPal” on the front page .... I’m asking: HOW ???

IMHO PayPal integration is not the greatest proud of Magento Team. PayPal integration just SUCKS!!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

magecoders

Total Posts:  42

Hello,

Please try this extension, it will allow your selected currency in Paypal payment page

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/paypal-multi-currency-6143.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

dbadanjak

Total Posts:  1

After many days of researching and buying one of the “great extensions” finally I found it for free: Paypal Multi Currency

Thank you so much Meabed!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community