Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

[Helppp] The best POS for Magento? 

fipiety

Total Posts:  5

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a Magento extension that enables my Magento store to be a POS system for my physical shops.

I have two physical shops and one online shop. I have tried several Sync tools and my friends are also using POS extension from a French company but I dont think it fits for my two stores. The sync tool is way too errors and the POS is too simple and missing quite a few functions I want.

My basic requirements are:

- Use Magento to manage POS transactions
- Save and reopen saved orders
- I can set permission for my staff
- I can print my invoice without changing screen

If anyone knows any extension that fit of my needs, please kindly let me know. Really really need it soon.
Or if you know any famous (or the best in our oppinion) POS extension....

Thanks for your helppppp

Best regards

Fiesta

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

smartosc

Total Posts:  76
Ha Noi, Viet Nam

Hello,

You can try our new POS solution using Magento as webfront. I believe this system can meet your demand, to list some of our features:

- Intuitive operation interface, able to deploy with touch screen
- Quickly creating a new order with product barcode scanning or search
- Editing order information
- Processing order with various payment method
- Easily operating sales and promotion
- Auto-updating the total inventory after customer purchase
- Centering stock into one inventory system

You can see more information here:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/catalog/product/view/id/10366/s/new-pos-solution-for-magento-by-smarosc-5839/

Feel free to let me know if you are interested wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

uniqcycle

Total Posts:  34

This looks like a great extension, however how is it intended to print receipts?  There is no option for this using the X-POS extension.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Asulpunto

Total Posts:  56

We have a POS solution that is currently being released right now. The features are:
- Capture by Barcode or Manual input of SKU
- Allow discount
- Auto Create product in Magento when does not exist (can be disabled)
- You can add customer information, like contact info.
- Once order is submitted you can print the reciept/invoice will order details as well as customer details in it
- Invoice supporst custom logo
- Stock is automatically reduced
- Unpaid invoices are flagged as unpaid
- Report of sales and cash flow
- Supports order cancellation
- Stores order history

If you are interested in a demo please contact us.

Magento Community
Magento Community

fipiety

Total Posts:  5

Your X-POS looks very neat and simple. I have a question: Can we use it with our barcode scanner?

Magento Community
Magento Community

smartosc

Total Posts:  76
Ha Noi, Viet Nam

Hi Uniqcycle,

When the purchase is completed after payment, the X-POS will generate automatically a receipt and allows you to print it from a pop-up (to make sure the cashier always stays in the X-POS interface). Since this solution uses Magento as webfront and runs in online browsers, you might need to enable the pop-up beforehand.

Hope that can answer your question. You can go to our website http://saas.smartosc.com/ and request the user guide from our staffs.

For all who might interest, our solution only requires a simple barcode scanner to read and put the product barcode into the system so just make sure that your barcode scanner can read your barcode standard.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Fitegym

Total Posts:  6
ITALY

Hi all,

We deal in sport retailing and we have, in addition to our Magento websites, eBay and Amazon accounts, several shop in the South of Italy with thousands of articles. So, synchronize the stock in online and physical store has become a primary requirement for our business.

Do do this, after a thorough test of demo versions, we select X-Pos and X-Barcode & RMA Magento modules by SmarOSC amoung several other solutions because we considered their features very interesting and we liked the idea of using of using a single system for both online and offline sales.

The effective integration with Magento and physical stores has not yet occurred because at the moment some minor customizations to better suit these modules the dynamics of Italian market (and European in general) are under development, but we trust in SmarOSC as Magento Silver Pathner, assuming the stability of the modules and the quality of the code was developed for the customization.

Now there is still a short time to the implementation so, stay tuned if you are interested… SOON OUR DETAILED REVIEW!

Luigi Lo Conte,
FIT & GYM - The Wellness Provider
http://www.fitegym.it

Magento Community
Magento Community

codysamuel

Total Posts:  1

There are various extension available outside which are magneto enable for online stores but you need to take a closer look around it as there are various themes in which it is working and various features too.You need to decide according to the demand of your POS ,like what kind of features you wanted to get enabled for your online store.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gerdus2001

I was looking for a good POS system that can recall the wholesale and retail prices of my clients.

I have purchased Xpos and they have developed this function for me

The staff at Xpos is very helpful. They Skyped me and listened to my concerns. They fixed all my problems in good time.

They have released the version that allows me to do group pricing. I am quite happy with the system. Occasionally I loose a sale but I think this has more to do with Magento than the Xpos software. It is related to sessions I think

Magento Community
Magento Community

VanquishComce

There are various POS solutions on the market however integrating them to your ERP and web frontend is a problem. We always recommend you change your business to the solution (within reason) and not the other way around, this is how the large ERP and inventory solutions work which allows you to concentrate on your business rather than the technology.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rashedul

Total Posts:  2

[Edited] Misread and misunderstood the post. Edited for relevancy.

Magento Community
Magento Community

magneto800

Total Posts:  60

The IWD POS System was built to be directly into the Magento Framework. This will allow all your business information to be stored in one place. You no longer have to worry about your inventory being in sync or figuring out your sales data. Everything will finally be in one place.

Magento Community
Magento Community

vickers

Total Posts:  3

Hi, Currently I am using a POS system that supports it’s own plugin. It’s called Retail Express, By far the best POS system I have used. It will automatically update in real time the stock levels. Check them out! It’s a cloud based system.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Harry12

Total Posts:  19

Hi all,
Magestore has update Web POS for Admin Checkout extension, making it the most powerful POS system for Magento. Please check out some main function below:
- Instant Search for products and add to cart through name, SKU or barcode
- Able to check out as guests or existing customers, create new account
- All checkout steps Billing Address, Shipping Method, Payment Method and Order review appear simultaneously and on a single page, enabling quick checkout
- Auto-update latter steps when there’re changes in former steps
- Use the swipe-card function when making payments. After swiping your Customers’ credit cards, all their card information will be auto-filled
- Able to select cash or credit card as payment mode
- Able to add discount, coupon code, comments, gift message for order
- Select to use sign up for newsletters
- Carry out the short survey right in the checkout page
- Able to log in with multiple addresses with Magento POS
- Find orders easily and print invoices quickly
- Able to update the product price for different customer groups
- And more…

You can visit product page for more details: http://www.magestore.com/magento-pos-integration-extension.html

Specially at this moment, Magestore is offering 15% off on this extension. You can refer to this link: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=671219482903685&set;=a.259707377388233.84794.118792691479703&type;=1

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rush80

Hi Guys,

Not sure if anyone has recently purchased from smartosc. I have emailed them 4 times over the last 2 weeks and have had no reply.
I have purchased their point of sale software however the download link is not active. No one picks up the phone at their office. I am worried that if this is what they are like now, what will the support and service be like in the future.

Does any one have a contact email or skype address for me for this company?

Thanks in advance!

Magento Community
Magento Community

arronlee

Total Posts:  11

Hi,
As for me, I am testing the related
barcode reader these days. Do you have any ideas about it? Or any good suggestion? I am totally a green hand on barcode reading field. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Arron

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community