Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

PayPal Website Payments Pro Not Processing Sale with Multiple Stores - Authorization Works

ryan656

Total Posts:  10

We are having a problem when setting the transaction type to “Sale” in the PayPal Website Payments Pro settings.  We have 3 websites/stores setup and are using a single PayPal account.  When set to “Authorization” the checkout process completes and the client does the sale as a separate transaction.  When set to “Sale” it comes back to the checkout page, usually with a weird quantity error.

Does anyone here have experience using Website Payments Pro with multiple stores?  We are on Community 1.6.0.0.  A

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ryan656

The realease log for 1.6.1.0 has two items that are relevant to this:

Fixed Impossible to place Order with Payfowlink when Payment Action = Sale
Fixed ‘Website Payments Pro’ impossible to place order during onepage checkout

I’m pretty sure this will fix it but don’t want to upgrade if I’m not sure.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ebuntu

Total Posts:  245
Denver, CO

ryan656 - 07 November 2011 11:07 AM

Fixed Impossible to place Order with Payfowlink when Payment Action = Sale
Fixed ‘Website Payments Pro’ impossible to place order during onepage checkout

Did you check the log files for any errors?
Did you have this problem in the past? If not, I suggest you talk to Paypal and ask them to check your account settings.

The last resort is to backup your files and DB, and upgrade to v1.6.1.0.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ryan656

The payment action “Sale” has never been working with multiple stores and we\\\’ve never used it with just one on this site.  I am checking the logs now and will contact PayPal shortly.  Thank you!

Magento Community
Magento Community

ryan656

Found this in the exception log:

PayPal NVP gateway errors: This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration

It’s set to the API signature in the Magento backend and works when set to Authorization.  Do you think it’s a problem with the config on PayPal’s side or Magento.  Should I try the API cert?  Haven’t called PayPal yet.  Thank you again for your help

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community