Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Failed to download magento-community…

pimlinders

Total Posts:  12

I’m trying to install the Fooman Speedster extention http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/457/fooman-speedster but i’m getting the following error

Failed to download magento-community/Fooman_Speedster within preferred state “stable”, latest release is version 0.7.15, stability “beta”, use “channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/community/Fooman_Speedster-0.7.15” to install
Cannot initialize ‘channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/community/Fooman_Speedster’, invalid or missing package file
Install Errors
Package “channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/community/Fooman_Speedster” is not valid
PEAR ERROR: install failed

what can I do to install the extension?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

It seems that extension is still in Beta stage. Have you tried changing your Magento Connect Manager’s preference to “Beta”?

You can do so with the following steps:-

In Magento Connect Manager, go to Settings --> Preferred State: --> Beta

Magento Community
Magento Community

pimlinders

Total Posts:  12

That did the trick, thanks a lot!

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

No problem. I am glad that your issue is now solved. wink
Be sure to change it back to “Stable” after you have downloaded/installed the extension.

Magento Community
Magento Community

FOOMAN
Guru

Total Posts:  669
Auckland, New Zealand

You could have also just used this as your extension key:
magento-community/Fooman_Speedster-0.7.15

And it would install the version without having to change the Beta/Stable settings. In general just add whatever is mentioned as the latest release to the key you have copied from Magento Connect.

ps the stable release should be coming up very soon

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community