Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Adding SSL to specific page (not cart or checkout pages)

mystify

Total Posts:  9

I have built a form in my Magento store that collects customer data such as address, phone number and other personal information.  I need to add SSl to the page, but I cannot figure out how.  I know how to make my cart SSl protected, but this page has nothing to do with the checkout of the store.  Is there any way to add SSL to individual pages in Magento?

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this question.  I am also posting in the programming forum, I hope that’s ok.

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

goivvy
Guru

Total Posts:  322
Moscow, Russia

just do redirect in your server config:

for nginx that would be:

if ($request_uri ~* "^/checkout/cart/?$"{
            rewrite 
^(.*) https://$host$1 permanent;

}
place your uri instead of checkout/cart

cant say for apache but who needs apache anyway smile

also try to replace all media links as :

$url parse_url($this->getSkinUrl('images/big_ad.png')); echo $url['path'];

as to remove that annoying “mixed content” warning

Magento Community
Magento Community

Davis_Joseph

Total Posts:  5
USA

mystify - 05 November 2011 08:09 AM

I have built a form in my Magento store that collects customer data such as address, phone number and other personal information.  I need to add SSl to the page, but I cannot figure out how.  I know how to make my cart SSl protected, but this page has nothing to do with the checkout of the store.  Is there any way to add SSL to individual pages in Magento?

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this question.  I am also posting in the programming forum, I hope that’s ok.

Thanks

It is not necessary to install SSL Certificate for order process pages only. you can secure your website home page plus all pages which are associated with user data.

Information on how to secure particular page is here http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/266689/

Ensure your web security with wildcard ssl certificate from sslmatrix

Magento Community
Magento Community

meochain

Total Posts:  5

You will normally find shared SSL’s are supplied by web hosts for their customers to use. They tend to have a generic name and as such your domain wont be displayed when this type of shared SSL is in use.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Magento Lab

Total Posts:  77
Paris

You can do it through your module config.xml files :
<frontend>
<secure_url>
<module>/your_url</module>
</secure_url>
</frontend>