Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Custom options on configurable products not showing

remb

Total Posts:  20

Hello,

I created a few configurable products (nothing fancy just size / color) and followed this tutorial from the knowledge base exactly:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/tutorial-creating-a-configurable-product

The thing is, the custom options drop-downs for both size and color are empty ...  as you can see from the attached picture.

Thank you!

Best,
remb.

Image Attachments
screenshot.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

SeL_
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1140
Paris, France

Hi,

Are the simple products associated to this configurable product available? Are they in stock?

Magento Community
Magento Community

remb

Hi, thanks for replying… Everything was done as the tutorial specified. The simple products are enabled and in stock but I suspect it might be because of the modified custom theme we’ve done. I couldn’t find or think about anything else… We’re just starting with Magento and we might not be doing everything as it should be done. I will replace with the default theme and see if there’s a difference. Thank you!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nemphys

Total Posts:  54

Hi, did you manage to get it to work?
I have exactly the same problem with the default theme (I have touched nothing after installation).

Magento Community
Magento Community

remb

Nemphys - 31 January 2009 06:17 AM

Hi, did you manage to get it to work?
I have exactly the same problem with the default theme (I have touched nothing after installation).

I didn’t do anything to fix it except i replaced the file concerned with showing the options (unfortunately can’t remember which one now) with the original one from the Magento default theme and it got fixed by itself. I reckon something happened when I upgraded my Magento to the latest version at that date.

You can find out which file is by activating the Template Path Hints in Admin > System > Configuration (select the Current Configuration Scope for your website) and under the “Advanced” tab, go to the “Developer” settings.

Hope this’ll help…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nemphys

Total Posts:  54

The problem is that I AM using the default one…

Magento Community
Magento Community

braubot

Total Posts:  13

Same problem here.  Upgraded from 1.18 to 1.2.0.3 none of my configurable products display their options, and I am unable to add them to my cart.  Any help or direction would be sincerely appreciated.

We use the simpleconfigurableproducts extension, I installed the upgraded version of that, and I still get no pricing on my configurable products - I cannot even put it in the cart - I’m prompted to select an option, but the only option is “Choose an Option...”

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

adonkey

Total Posts:  67

Its a BUG,

You have to edit each product and click save after selecting the custom option tab at the bottom for every single product :(

There must be an easier way!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paulus
Guru

Total Posts:  335

The file she’s talking about is here:
magento/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/catalog/product/view/type/options/

Re-uploading did not help for us though.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lilquit

Total Posts:  23

major facial here, magento need to provide a patch for it right awat

Magento Community
Magento Community

lewis

Anyone manage to find a fix for this.. i seem to have the same problem

Magento Community
Magento Community

organizeit

Total Posts:  1

Same problem here.  Anyone figure it out?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paulus
Guru

You should expect somebody with knowledge of the mage structure might have been interested in this issue, looks pretty essential for many users.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paulus
Guru

Yes!!
http://www.magentocommerce.com/download/release_notes#Release%20Notes%20-%20Magento%201.2.1.1%20(February%2023,%202009)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paulus
Guru

Hmm, i sit just me, or does the upload options stuff still not work? Downloading seems fine now, but uploading the same options doesn’t work (yet?)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community