Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Exception generated after installation step 2

paryank

Total Posts:  10
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India

Hi, I am trying to install Magento on Windows Server 2003 with PHP 5.2.1 and Apache Apache/2.2.4 with rewrite_mod enabled.

As it not a live web server, there is no SSL connection available. So I am giving Secure Protocol as http and port 80 during installation. I am giving correct database name, and authentication details too. I have also set the write permissions to Magento Directory. After second step of installation it throws exception like below:

exception Â‘Mage_Core_ExceptionÂ’ with message Â‘Error in file“C:\www\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\sql\core_setup\mysql4-upgrade-0.6.1-0.6.2.sql” SQLSTATE[HY000]General error2006 MySQL server has gone awayÂ’ in C:\www\magento\app\Mage.php:288

Can anybody help me???

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Tweakmag
Guru

Total Posts:  307
London, UK

Hi Paryank..
This has been a problem for a number of people - it is directly related to php under windows. - please follow the instructions posted here - http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/Installing-on-Windows-with-XAMPP-and-WAMP/

Specifically, it is most likely step 5 that will be the problem for you.

Cheers
Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community

paryank

Dear Adam,

First I would like to say thanks for your valuable help.

I have followed the steps according to URL you have given. But I have already enabled extensions php_pdo_mysql.dll and php_mcrypt.dll. I have also enabled Apache Module rewrite_module. I am also giving the Secure Connection details according to described on that URL you given. But still the same exception is generated.

The result what I get on my web page is exactly as attachment.

As full page cannot be copied here, I am attaching a text file which contains what I get in result.

Regards,

Paryank

File Attachments
exception.txt  (File Size: 9KB - Downloads: 170)

Magento Community
Magento Community

paryank

Hey buddies!!!

I have still not got any reply...!!! downer

Can anyone give me a proper guidance?

Magento Community
Magento Community