Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgrade Magento 1.6.0 to 1.6.1

jakestpeter

Total Posts:  3

I feel like I am missing something that should be pretty simple. I have Magento 1.6.0 installed and I want to upgrade to 1.6.1. Can someone explain to me how this is done.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

paadmin

Total Posts:  5

I thought I knew. I went in to Magento Connect, clicked the check for updates button, went through and selected all the yellow items to say ‘updrade to 6.0.1 stable’ and set it going. Then as soon as I’d left that page the entire site is dead. server 500 errors on everything and I have no flipping idea how to recover from it.

I’m not enjoying Magento…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Olleper

Total Posts:  1

paadmin - 03 November 2011 03:59 AM

I thought I knew. I went in to Magento Connect, clicked the check for updates button, went through and selected all the yellow items to say ‘updrade to 6.0.1 stable’ and set it going. Then as soon as I’d left that page the entire site is dead. server 500 errors on everything and I have no flipping idea how to recover from it.

I’m not enjoying Magento…

I’m having the same issue as you.
Anyone who could help us ot?

//M

Magento Community
Magento Community

fabianborg

Total Posts:  34

All you have to do is check your folder permissions and very importantly, check your .htaccess file

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagePsycho
Mentor

Total Posts:  1702

I successfully upgraded the Magento from 1.6.0.0 to 1.6.1.0 via diff files.
And here is the steps that i used for upgrading:
http://www.blog.magepsycho.com/upgrading-magento-from-1-6-0-0-to-1-6-1-0-via-diff-file/

Cheers!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Alexandrable

Total Posts:  55

This is a common issue, actually. Try this extension: http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/shopping-cart-migration-options/223-magento-to-magento-migration. It supports all the versions of Magento and works for the upgrade from 1.6.0 to 1.6.1. There’s a demo migration that you can try for free and see how it actually works.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ackley

Total Posts:  28

In first step we need to take a back up from database, files and then need to connect server via SSH protocol.
Secondly we need to execute the upgrading commands step by step procedure.For example If we give “. /pear mage-setup” it will upgrade from 1.4.1 to 1.4.2 and “./mage upgrade-all –force” command gives a Upgrading version of Magento 1.6.1 and also use a Connect Manager for upgrading the Magento 1.6.0

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community