Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Two Paypal buttons during checkout leading to problems

perezje

Total Posts:  2

We are using Magento 1.5.1.0 and have PayPal “Website Payments Standard” as well as “Express Checkout” enabled. The Express Checkout is working fine but during check out if users click on the Paypal button for “Website Payments Standard” they are not redirected to the PayPal page. Also, for some reason users see two PayPal buttons at checkout in step 5 (Payment Information). If they select (by chance) the one associated with “Express Checkout” it will work but if they select the one associated with “Website Payments Standard” they are not redirected to Paypal and just taken to step 6 and will not be able to go any further. This is happening on our live site at www.simplycaprine.com so its effecting our sales. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Image Attachments
SC_paypal_methods.JPG

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

perezje

Total Posts:  2

Please...does anyone have any idea on how to resolve this problme?

Magento Community
Magento Community

rtw1981

Total Posts:  6

Hi,

I have same problem on my site… how did you end up solving this one?

Magento Community
Magento Community

sterg17

Total Posts:  94

I just upgraded to versions 1.6.2, and I have 2 paypal checkout buttons showing on my cart page.

How can i remove one of them?  Both are using the same template to display the buttton. . .(i.e. same template path hint)

Magento Community
Magento Community

rebecacruise

Total Posts:  5

The same problem. Will you suggest anything?

Magento Community
Magento Community

rtw1981

Total Posts:  6

I fixed this by removing PayPal and only using PayPal Express.  It seems with both options turned on you get both buttons as payment options.

Magento Community
Magento Community

friends1976

Total Posts:  42

rtw1981 - 12 March 2012 01:24 AM

I fixed this by removing PayPal and only using PayPal Express.  It seems with both options turned on you get both buttons as payment options.

How exactly did you remove PayPal?  I don’t see an option for this anywhere in the configuration.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community