Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

ArtsOn.IT / Advanced SMTP not working yet ? 

Poums

Total Posts:  10

Hi All,

Since i’ve upgraded my shop from Magento CE 1.4.0.1 to 1.6.1., mail are sent from frontoffice (send to a friend, contact us), but aren’t from backoffice (order, shipping, ...).
I use Advanced SMTP extension ; i don’t understand why backoffice mail aren’t working yet.

Have you any idea ?
Thanks for your help.

Poum’s.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Poums - 30 October 2011 10:46 AM

Hi All,

Since i’ve upgraded my shop from Magento CE 1.4.0.1 to 1.6.1., mail are sent from frontoffice (send to a friend, contact us), but aren’t from backoffice (order, shipping, ...).
I use Advanced SMTP extension ; i don’t understand why backoffice mail aren’t working yet.

Have you any idea ?
Thanks for your help.

Poum’s.

Hi there,

as one of alternative solutions you may consider this extension as well: http://amasty.com/magento-smtp-email-settings.html.

It perfectly works with all latest Magento versions and offers a list of advanced options:

- Use reliable email providers to decrease email rejection
- Set SMTP authentication and connection security params
- See log of all emails, with detailed view of messages
- Debug mode for easy detection of wrong settings
- Option to automatically clear logs after a certain period

You are welcome to contact us for any details!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community