Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

No shipping option? 

jkearns97062

Total Posts:  5

Is there an easy way to do a “no shipping” option? We’re a school and want to have parents come in and pick up their products after they have paid.

Thanks!
Jerry

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kmeirlaen

Total Posts:  11

You can use virtual products to facilitate that.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jkearns97062

Thank you.

Now that I’ve configured a number of simple of products, I guess I have to start over and create virtual products. Are these documented anywhere? Not in the User Guide, Wiki or Designer Guide, that I can see. :(

Thanks!
Jerry

Magento Community
Magento Community

ShopGuy
Guru

Total Posts:  462

I would not do virtual products. Virtual products are products like software, movies, etc. I would just either do “free shipping” or create a shipping module that says no shipping. Magento Connect may even have a module for pickups.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jkearns97062

Tried the Free Shipping option. Using this, I can’t see how the Order Status ever gets out of Pending??  [This would be a showstopper.]

Thanks for the help/ideas!

Jerry

Magento Community
Magento Community

Discovery
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  767

You are doing it wrong!!! You can setup a ‘collect in store’ option in a variety of ways. There is also a ‘collect at event’ extension that can also be cut down to be ‘collect in school’ without any need for extensive coding. You will need to go through the modules for that one, I don’t have the link to hand.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community