Over a month ago my admin guy created a test site running on v.1.6 from my live 220.127.116.11 version, everything was done in an hour and all working great.
Now...when we tried to do the Live site, we’ve had no end of problems.
The process we used was this one:
The database upgrade takes wayyyyy to long. We initially had had a maximum window of around 9 hours which for the fisrt 3 attempts wasn’t long enough and we’ve had to back out the upgrade to get the site up and running for the business day.
To try and fix the issue, we’ve run the database repair tool and got the following error:
Change storage engine type on table “catalog_product_index_price_tmp” from INNODB to MEMORY
Add missing foreign key(s) “FK_REPORT_VIEWED_PRODUCT_INDEX_STORE” to table “report_viewed_product_index”
We tried the info of this page to after the error above but it didn’t work either:
And a reindex give the following error:
reindexall gives the following: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column âwebsite_dateâ in âfield listâ
which relates to catalog_product_index_website
Now on Friday night I got the go ahead to leave it running, the process was started at 20:00 on Friday and it finally upgraded to 1.6.1 on saturday night around 11pm UK time. WOW 27 HOURS!
BUT all the site was screwed up! So we had to try and downgrade it to v1.6 as I’d heard a friend had so many issues with his upgrade to 1.6.1 that he had to restore his website.
Anyway, 10am this morning (Sunday), it was still running.
I then had to back it out to get the website up as it had effectively been down since Friday night.
Can someone help please....this is really frustrating.