Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgrade from v1.4.1.1 --> v1.6 Problem - Can’t upgrade…. 

iharmo

Total Posts:  8

Hi,

Over a month ago my admin guy created a test site running on v.1.6 from my live 1.4.1.1 version, everything was done in an hour and all working great.

Now...when we tried to do the Live site, we’ve had no end of problems.

The process we used was this one:
http://turnkeye.com/blog/magento-upgrade-from-1-4-version-to-magento-1-5-magento-1-6/

The database upgrade takes wayyyyy to long. We initially had had a maximum window of around 9 hours which for the fisrt 3 attempts wasn’t long enough and we’ve had to back out the upgrade to get the site up and running for the business day.

To try and fix the issue, we’ve run the database repair tool and got the following error:

Change storage engine type on table “catalog_product_index_price_tmp” from INNODB to MEMORY
Add missing foreign key(s) “FK_REPORT_VIEWED_PRODUCT_INDEX_STORE” to table “report_viewed_product_index”

We tried the info of this page to after the error above but it didn’t work either:
http://www.sebday.com/2011/10/magento-1-4-upgrade-to-1-6-database-errors/

And a reindex give the following error:

reindexall gives the following: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘website_date’ in ‘field list’
which relates to catalog_product_index_website

Now on Friday night I got the go ahead to leave it running, the process was started at 20:00 on Friday and it finally upgraded to 1.6.1 on saturday night around 11pm UK time. WOW 27 HOURS!

BUT all the site was screwed up! So we had to try and downgrade it to v1.6 as I’d heard a friend had so many issues with his upgrade to 1.6.1 that he had to restore his website.

Anyway, 10am this morning (Sunday), it was still running.

I then had to back it out to get the website up as it had effectively been down since Friday night.

Can someone help please....this is really frustrating.

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

iharmo

Total Posts:  8

Anyone any ideas...?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ChuckR

Total Posts:  9

Why don’t you try another way to upgrade Magento store? Works 100%, promise.
Here is the detailed instruction on the process. Briefly - you need to install Magento 1.6 and then transfer your old database to a new store. that’s it! no need to fix errors after unsuccessful upgrade

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community