Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t get past “Exception during cache and session cleaning”

mousepad

Total Posts:  83

All permissions for the entire site are set to 777
All cacheing is disabled int eh DB
Compiler is disabled.

Still get this error when trying to upgrade.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

markgillingham

Total Posts:  1

SOLVED!

I dropped table coupon_aggregated_updated and reinstalled using Connect. Table was recreated and site looks fine.

This is a “me too” post.

During an upgrade using Magento Connect from 1.4.1 - 1.4.2 - 1.5.0 - 1.5.1 - 1.6.0 - 1.6.1. I took one step at a time going up in single level increments. The following error implies that coupon_aggregarted_updated was created in a previous step and 1.6.1 wants to do it again and cannot because it already exists. Am I reading that correctly? Would removing the table coupon_aggregated_updated help?

Exception during cache and session cleaningError in file"/var/www/app/code/core/Mage/SalesRule/sql/salesrule_setup/upgrade-1.6.0.0-1.6.0.1.php" SQLSTATE[42S01]Base table or view already exists1050 Table 'coupon_aggregated_updated' already exists

Also, what happens if I choose “uninstall” from Magento Connect?

Mark

Magento Community
Magento Community

onepack

Total Posts:  98
Amsterdam

I cannot believe Magento is still unable to provide a good upgrade after 4/ 5 years. These problems where there in the beginning and now I tried a 1.6.0.0 -> 1.6.0.1 upgrade and the whole update and site crashed dramatically.
Have to revert back but the time it costs…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community