Magento Forum

Show quantity, total price and shipping price in my header.phtml? 

marcfalk

Total Posts:  87

Hey guys,

Thanks for a great forum, I’ve found a lot of great answers in here.
Questions I cannot get an answer for are as following:

How do I show the quantity of a cart in my header?
How do I show the total price of a cart in my header?
How do I show the total shipping price in my header?

I’ve looked for answers in:
\app\blank\default\template\checkout\cart

But I can’t figure out why I get an error, when I try to implement php from the cart-directory into header.phtml.

Thanks in advance!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

marcfalk

Does anyone have a clue?

Magento Community
Magento Community

marcfalk

Is this impossible?

Magento Community
Magento Community

marcfalk

Does it make any difference if I want to show it elsewhere?

Magento Community
Magento Community

marcfalk

Weehuu, finally I figured something out…

How do I show the quantity of a cart in my header?

Add the following code to app/design/frontend/[theme]/default/template/page/html/header.phtml:

<? if(Mage::getSingleton('checkout/session')->getQuote()->getItemsSummaryQty() > 0{ ?>
<?
=__(Mage::getSingleton('checkout/session')->getQuote()->getItemsSummaryQty())?> 
<? } 
else { ?>

<? } ?>

How do I show the total price of a cart in my header?

I have only found a solution for the subtotal, and to show this, you need to add the following to app/design/frontend/[theme]/default/template/page/html/header.phtml (or wherever you need it):

<? if(Mage::getSingleton('checkout/session')->getQuote()->getSubtotal() > 0{ ?>
<?
=__(number_format(Mage::getSingleton('checkout/session')->getQuote()->getSubtotal(),2))?> 
<? } 
else { ?>

<? } ?>

How do I show the total shipping price in my header?

Still trying to figure this out…

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrjohnnycake

Total Posts:  35
Arcata, CA. USA

Here’s what I came up with:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/32320/

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ben_marks
Guru

Total Posts:  449
Charleston, SC

The gist of what you are trying to do is provide info from the cart sidebar in the header.  mrjohnnycake’s link is a good step in the right direction.  I just want to point out that when you know of a block that has what you want, you can just create a new block to use of that same block type (in this case type="checkout/cart_sidebar” which corresponds to checkout/cart/sidebar.phtml) , and make it available inside the block in which you wish to display it (the header block in your case).  I recommend copying the template file and naming it cart_widget.phtml.

HTH

Magento Community
Magento Community

nplanet

Total Posts:  31

@ marcfalk

If I follow your tips to add Quantity and Sub Total to Header Magento Crashes. Here is the Crash Dump:

Warningarray_key_exists() [function.array-key-exists]The first argument should be either a string or an integer  in C:\xampp\htdocs\edmegastore\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Translate.php on line 546
Trace
:
#0 C:\xampp\htdocs\edmegastore\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Translate.php(546): mageCoreErrorHandler(2, 'array_key_exist...', 'C:\xampp\htdocs...', 546, Array)
#1 C:\xampp\htdocs\edmegastore\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Translate.php(387): Mage_Core_Model_Translate->_getTranslatedString(207, Array)
#2 C:\xampp\htdocs\edmegastore\app\code\core\Mage\Core\functions.php(106): Mage_Core_Model_Translate->translate(207, 'frontend/defaul...')
#3 C:\xampp\htdocs\edmegastore\app\design\frontend\Edmegastore\Edmegastore\template\page\html\header.phtml(58): __()
#4 C:\xampp\htdocs\edmegastore\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Template.php(144): include('C:\xampp\htdocs...')
#5 C:\xampp\htdocs\edmegastore\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Template.php(176): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView(Array)
#6 C:\xampp\htdocs\edmegastore\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Template.php(193): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView(207)
#7 C:\xampp\htdocs\edmegastore\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml('frontend\Edmega...')
#8 C:\xampp\htdocs\edmegastore\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Abstract.php(503): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#9 C:\xampp\htdocs\edmegastore\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Abstract.php(454): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml()
#10 C:\xampp\htdocs\edmegastore\app\design\frontend\Edmegastore\Edmegastore\template\page\2columns-left.phtml(42): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml()
#11 C:\xampp\htdocs\edmegastore\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Template.php(144): include('C:\xampp\htdocs...')
#12 C:\xampp\htdocs\edmegastore\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Template.php(176): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('header', true)
#13 C:\xampp\htdocs\edmegastore\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Template.php(193): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView('header')
#14 C:\xampp\htdocs\edmegastore\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml('frontend\Edmega...')
#15 C:\xampp\htdocs\edmegastore\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Layout.php(525): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#16 C:\xampp\htdocs\edmegastore\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Controller\Varien\Action.php(326): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->getOutput()
#17 C:\xampp\htdocs\edmegastore\app\code\core\Mage\Cms\Helper\Page.php(92): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->renderLayout()
#18 C:\xampp\htdocs\edmegastore\app\code\core\Mage\Cms\controllers\IndexController.php(32): Mage_Cms_Helper_Page->renderPage()
#19 C:\xampp\htdocs\edmegastore\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Controller\Varien\Action.php(349): Mage_Cms_IndexController->indexAction()
#20 C:\xampp\htdocs\edmegastore\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Controller\Varien\Router\Standard.php(163): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(Object(Mage_Cms_IndexController), 'Edmegastore')
#21 C:\xampp\htdocs\edmegastore\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Controller\Varien\Front.php(174): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match()
#22 C:\xampp\htdocs\edmegastore\app\Mage.php(447): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch('index')
#23 C:\xampp\htdocs\edmegastore\index.php(52): Mage::run(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#24 {main}
What must be the problem? Can you please help me solve this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

marye27

Total Posts:  9

I search hi and low before I found a solution and then had to do a lot of tweeking before it worked but here is what I did:

1.  Add an action method to get the subtotal in the checkout.xml file (found in app/design/frontend/default/[YOUR THEME]/layout)

Look for
<reference name="top.links">
<block type="checkout/links" name="checkout_cart_link">
<action method="addCartLink"></action>
<action method="addCheckoutLink"></action>
</block>

And change to

<action method="ADDSUBTOTALCODE"></action>
</block>

Notice all I did was to add

2.  Open links.php found in app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/Block) and Add a function to get the cart subtotal

public function ADDSUBTOTALCODE ()
{
if ($parentBlock = $this->getParentBlock())
{
$amount = __(number_format(Mage::getSingleton(’checkout/session’)->getQuote()->getSubtotal(),2));
$text = __(’Amount $%s’, $amount);
$parentBlock->addLink($text, ‘checkout/cart’, $text, true, array(), 50,null,’class="top-link-cart"’);
}

return $this;

}

3.  Save files and upload them back to the server.

**Please ntoe to first make a backup of all the files being updated before changes are made as core files are being changed**

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paragon

Total Posts:  5

The solution above by ‘marye27’ works with Magento CE 1.4.0.1, however, the currency symbol is shown as $

Currency symbols everywhere else in Magento show as £, and Locales are set accordingly.

Does anyone have any ideas how the currency symbol can be changed? Any help greatly appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nabler

Total Posts:  80

you rock this work pretty fine in mine.....

Magento Community
Magento Community

Cawe

Total Posts:  109

marye27 - 15 September 2009 10:35 AM

I search hi and low before I found a solution and then had to do a lot of tweeking before it worked but here is what I did:

1.  Add an action method to get the subtotal in the checkout.xml file (found in app/design/frontend/default/[YOUR THEME]/layout)

Look for
</block>

And change to

</block>

Notice all I did was to add

2.  Open links.php found in app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/Block) and Add a function to get the cart subtotal

public function ADDSUBTOTALCODE ()
{
if ($parentBlock = $this->getParentBlock())
{
$amount = __(number_format(Mage::getSingleton(’checkout/session’)->getQuote()->getSubtotal(),2));
$text = __(’Amount $%s’, $amount);
$parentBlock->addLink($text, ‘checkout/cart’, $text, true, array(), 50,null,’class="top-link-cart"’);
}

return $this;

}

3.  Save files and upload them back to the server.

**Please ntoe to first make a backup of all the files being updated before changes are made as core files are being changed**

THANKS FOR THAT!

Magento Community
Magento Community

erwinsmit

Total Posts:  2

Paragon - 31 July 2010 05:05 AM

The solution above by ‘marye27’ works with Magento CE 1.4.0.1, however, the currency symbol is shown as $

Currency symbols everywhere else in Magento show as £, and Locales are set accordingly.

Does anyone have any ideas how the currency symbol can be changed? Any help greatly appreciated.

I had the same problem, I fixed it by changing the public function addCartLink() to:

public function addCartLink()

{
        $parentBlock 
$this->getParentBlock();
        if (
$parentBlock && Mage::helper('core')->isModuleOutputEnabled('Mage_Checkout')) {
            $count 
$this->helper('checkout/cart')->getSummaryCount();

$amount __(number_format(Mage::getSingleton('checkout/session')->getQuote()->getSubtotal(),2));

if( 
$count == {
                $text 
$this->__('My Cart (%s) items <span>'Mage::app()->getLocale()->currency(Mage::app()->getStore()->getCurrentCurrencyCode())->getSymbol() .''$amount .'</span>'$count);

elseif( $count {
                $text 
$this->__('My Cart (%s) items <span>'Mage::app()->getLocale()->currency(Mage::app()->getStore()->getCurrentCurrencyCode())->getSymbol() .''$amount .'</span>'$count);

else {
                $text 
$this->__('My Cart (0) items <span>'Mage::app()->getLocale()->currency(Mage::app()->getStore()->getCurrentCurrencyCode())->getSymbol() .' 0.00</span>'$count);

}

$parentBlock
->addLink($text'checkout/cart'$texttrue, array(), 50null'class="top-link-cart"');

}

return $this;

}

Just make sure you copy the links.php with the changes to app/code/local/Mage/Checkout/Block/links.php.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ashishkhadpe

Total Posts:  50

For showing Quantity in header you can use this code
Blog Link : Magento Coders

Magento Community
Magento Community

SteveBerrill

Total Posts:  35