Magento Forum

Can’t create new accounts after upgrade

MathieuF

Total Posts:  141
Montreal, Canada

I had 1.3.2.4 running for a while and attempted an upgrade to 1.6.1.

Pretty much everything seems to be working but customers can’t create account or shop as guest.

It gives an error “length must be equal or less than a characters.” for all field, and they are filled in.

Same with an existing account, if I want to edit the shipping address or add a new address.

From the system.log error:

ERR (3): Recoverable Error: Argument 1 passed to Mage_Eav_Model_Attribute_Data::factory() must be an instance of Mage_Eav_Model_Attribute, instance of Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Attribute given, called in app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Form.php on line 327 and defined in app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Attribute/Data.php on line 59

Any pointer would be greatly appreciated. I have been struggling with this issue for 2 days now…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

SLonghurst1

Total Posts:  68
UK

Hi

I had this issue to and fixed it by debugging which attribute was causing the issue, in my case it was the telephone attribute. Then i just ran this

UPDATE `magento16`.`eav_attributeSET `attribute_model` = '' WHERE `eav_attribute`.`attribute_id` =29;

29 being the id of my telephone attribute, this has caused my error to go away and doesn’t seem to have broken anything

Magento Community
Magento Community

larrysm

Total Posts:  4

shaunlong,

how did you determine which attribute was causing the issue?
my log is filling up with thousands of copies of this error - makes it hard to guess what action is the trigger.

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

SLonghurst1

Total Posts:  68
UK

Hi

I used took a copy of my live database and deployed locally and used netbeans and xdebug to step through the code to see which attribute was causing the error. Once I found it, i was able to use the sql in this post to fix.

Shaun

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageClub
Guru

Total Posts:  386
India

Yeah, how did you find the attribute id , which was corrupt ?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community