Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Unable to Create Order from Admin Panel - Server Error

roknrod12

Total Posts:  70

When I click ‘Create Order’ on a customer in the admin panel I get kicked to an Internal Server Error page that reads:

HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

My configuration:
Magento CE 1.6.0
Multiple stores (Retail / Wholesale)

I am using multiple stores for the wholesale side in order to easily manage pricing (bypass price tiers).  I should be getting a prompt for which store to create the order in, but it just goes to the error page.  Anyone offer any ideas as to how to troubleshoot?

Thanks,
rh

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

roknrod12

Bump.

Anyone got any idea as to where to even look? :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

roknrod12

So, I thought that maybe this was related to one of my modules.  I tried disabling modules and continued to have the same problem.  So, I have another store using the same version that I went to try this on.  Same problem.  So, it appears to be a 1.6 issue.  Is there anyone using CE 1.6 that is able to create orders from the admin panel?  Any developers that might could help me out here?

Magento Community
Magento Community

roknrod12

So, I solved this issue - anyone that might have similar problem, here’s what it was.

php.ini

The first install in question was on a server running Drupal in the root and this magento install was in a subdirectory (/store).  On my server I’m able to use a different php.ini file for each directory, so I decided to try the sample php.ini file that is installed with Magento, and - voila!  Hopefully, this will help someone hours of searching.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community