Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Install Magento in SubDirectory of WordPress

PatrickTT

Total Posts:  22

Hi everyone, I have a client whose website is a WordPress install in the root directory of their server. I am trying to install Magento into a subdirectory called “shop”.

I can’t even get the installer to appear though as everything gives me an error 404. I have just spent the last hour and a half searching for possible solutions and can’t find anything that works.

There isn’t an .htaccess file in the WP files, so not too sure how it is doing the redirects, as when I try to add one, it has no effect.

I have also updated the magento htaccess so that the following are taken into account:

RewriteBase /shop/

RewriteRule .* /shop/index.php [L]

But again, nothing I do makes the installer appear. Any light people can shed on this would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

Patrick

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

benleeke

Total Posts:  9

I would like to be able to do this as well.

I have wordpress and would like my shop to be inside the one domain.

I’m hopping that Magento can be in installed in a sub directory or the main domain name.

Is this possible.

I currently have 2 websites. 1 is http://www.capabilityevents.co.uk and the Magento shop is http://www.party-planning-hire.co.uk

Is it possible to put the one within the other?

Magento Community
Magento Community

PatrickTT

Hi I forgot to post back. It is possible and there are no issues, I hadn’t realised that because my client had installed WordPress using a one touch install with the host, it was put into a hidden directory, and not where it should have been.

As soon as I resolved that, it was all up and running.

Thanks

Patrick

Magento Community
Magento Community

jimmyq

Total Posts:  1

hi ive got the same problem ive got wordpress installed on main domain and ive uploaded magento in subfolder /shop but all i get is

The webpage cannot be found

HTTP 404

do i need to install a ht.access file in the subfolder ?

pulling my hair out on this one any info will be appreciated thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

PatrickTT

does this help? http://www.tripleginteractive.com/blog/wordpress/integrate-magento-wordpress/

I think it does install as a subdirectory fine out of the box so the issue might not be with magento or the htaccess… Not sure sorry..

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community