Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
magento-core/Mage_All_Latest causing problems in connect

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

@davidgrun: try to reset all directory permissions to ‘755’ and file permissions to ‘644’. Magento Connect tend to modify the permissions, which can lead to problems in certain hosting environments.

PS: did you get a successful confirmation after upgrading Mage_All_Latest?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

@ davidgrun: Do you mean to say 500 Internal Server Error?
Have you tried checking whether your file permissions are correct? Magento Connect Manager is known to reset the file permissions to the wrong value after each download/upgrade.

Magento Community
Magento Community

davidgrun

Total Posts:  245

@JLHC

Yes. 505 Internal Error
I checked all the file and folder permissions that the install guide says need to be 777. I still get the 505 error.
What should I do??
Magento is really frustrating… bitter/sweet relationship.
THANKS!

Magento Community
Magento Community

davidgrun

Total Posts:  245

@Sinder

As fare as I remember I got a success message when I installed Mage_All_Latest… the problem came about when I refreshed.
I checked all the files and folders permissions that the install guide says need to be 777. I still get the 505 error.

Isn’t your solution really security risky?
THANKS

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

I think you have misunderstood the installation guide. All files should be set to 644 and all directories to 755.

Only the following directory needs to be writable (normally 777 unless the server is running suPHP/suEXEC):-
- app/etc
- var
- media

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2