Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
magento-core/Mage_All_Latest causing problems in connect

redvinny

Total Posts:  48

Hi,

I’m running magento on php4 cgi ver. Everything works fine - just about to complete final stages before going live and hit a bit of wall with the magento connect interface.

I’m trying to install the PROTX VPS forms module and logged into the connect downloader > when trying to enter the extension key I got plenty of errors.  I noticed that I coudn’t see any loaded extensions, so after viewing some threads I executed the ‘magento-core/Mage_All_Latest’ line.  Initially it seemed to work - although it tells me the only extension I have is the Libertine open fonts project!

So now when I run the ‘magento-core/Mage_All_Latest’ I get the following errors which seems to start with a PEAR version error?

magento-core/Mage_Pear_Helpers requires package “pear/PEAR” (version >= 1.6.2)
magento-core/Lib_Google_Checkout requires package “magento-core/Mage_Pear_Helpers” (version >= 1.0.18800)
magento-core/Mage_Core_Modules requires package “magento-core/Lib_Google_Checkout” (version >= 1.1.1, version <= 1.2, excluded versions: 1.2)
magento-core/Mage_All_Latest requires package “magento-core/Mage_Core_Modules” (version >= 1.1.8, version <= 1.2, excluded versions: 1.2)
magento-core/Mage_Core_Adminhtml requires package “magento-core/Mage_Core_Modules” (version >= 1.1.8, version <= 1.1.8)
magento-core/Interface_Adminhtml_Default requires package “magento-core/Mage_Core_Adminhtml” (version >= 1.1.8, version <= 1.2, excluded versions: 1.2)
magento-core/Interface_Frontend_Default requires package “magento-core/Mage_Core_Modules” (version >= 1.1.8, version <= 1.2, excluded versions: 1.2)
magento-core/Interface_Install_Default requires package “magento-core/Mage_Core_Modules” (version >= 1.1.7, version <= 1.2, excluded versions: 1.2)
magento-core/Lib_Js_Calendar requires package “magento-core/Mage_Pear_Helpers” (version >= 1.0.18800)
magento-core/Lib_Js_Prototype requires package “magento-core/Mage_Pear_Helpers” (version >= 1.0.18800)
magento-core/Mage_Downloader requires package “magento-core/Lib_Js_Prototype” (version >= 1.0.19700)
magento-core/Lib_Js_Mage requires package “magento-core/Lib_Js_Prototype” (version >= 1.1.3, version <= 1.1.3)
magento-core/Lib_Js_Ext requires package “magento-core/Mage_Pear_Helpers” (version >= 1.0.18800)
magento-core/Lib_ZF requires package “magento-core/Mage_Pear_Helpers” (version >= 1.0.18800)
magento-core/Lib_Varien requires package “magento-core/Lib_ZF” (version >= 1.1.1, version <= 1.2, excluded versions: 1.2)
magento-core/Lib_ZF_Locale requires package “magento-core/Mage_Pear_Helpers” (version >= 1.0.18800)
Install Errors
No valid packages found
PEAR ERROR: install failed

Apologies for code dump!!

Any help would be gratefully received - I’m almost there! although getting people to pay for something is kind of crucial!

Thanks
Vinny

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

Have you tried installing PEAR first?

Magento Community
Magento Community

redvinny

hi JHLC

Yes PEAR is installed and is on the server should there be a certain version?  Does the ‘needs 1.6.2’ message above relate to a PEAR version?

Thanks
Vinny

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Tampa, FL

@ redvinny: Yes I believe the 1.6.2 refers to the version of PEAR.

Magento Community
Magento Community

redvinny

@JLHC:  I just had the hosting company upgrade pear to 1.6.2 and it’s still doing the same.

the MAGE_PEAR_HELPERS seems to come up a lot in the errors

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Tampa, FL

Have you tried installing “magento-core/Mage_Pear_Helpers”?

Magento Community
Magento Community

redvinny

I just tried that in connect and got this error:

Install Errors
No valid packages found

cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

redvinny

would I be bypassing PEAR if I used SSH?  Would the process be simpler?

How, for instance would I install a PROTX extension via SSH?

Thanks
Vinny

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Tampa, FL

Try installing the following:-

magento-core/Mage_Downloader

Magento Community
Magento Community

redvinny

Thanks for your help but I get this:

magento-core/Lib_Js_Prototype requires package “magento-core/Mage_Pear_Helpers” (version >= 1.0.18800)
magento-core/Mage_Downloader requires package “magento-core/Lib_Js_Prototype” (version >= 1.0.19700)
Install Errors
No valid packages found

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Tampa, FL

Hmm… this seems to be a little weird as I have not faced with such an issue before.
Have you tried asking this with your hosting provider?

Magento Community
Magento Community

redvinny

My host confirmed that the ver is 1.6.2, they have asked me if I need any specific PEAR modules to be installed?

Do you know of any that are important?

Thanks
Vinny

Magento Community
Magento Community

redvinny

having seen some other posts and asked my hosts:  it seems that I am running in a non-suEXEC environment.  Apparently the only way to upgrade or add extensions is to use SSH.  Which I’m now trying and will report back.

see: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/17955/

thanks
Vinny

Magento Community
Magento Community

redvinny

[SOLVED]

As mentioned above - updated everything via SSH which worked - it’s slightly scary as I didn’t really know what I was doing but following some forum posts I manged to successfully initialise the PEAR connect manager and update everything - IT did mess slightly with my .HTACCESS file as I was using the cgi ver and need to uncomment the ref to the cgi file in the .htaccess file.  good job I backed up also because i lost some of my customization.  vampire  It looks like I live to fight another magento day!

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Tampa, FL

Glad that you got it working now. wink
I have not faced a problem like yours as all of our servers are suPHP/suEXEC enabled.

Magento Community
Magento Community

davidgrun

Total Posts:  245

I´m getting 505 error after installing magento-core/Mage_All_Latest for back and frontend… can´t do anything.
Do you have an idea of what to do???
THANKS

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2