Magento Forum

New Connect Known Issues and Updates—Update: 10/28

Rhonda_Rondeau
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  924
Culver City

Update 10/28

I have noticed that some of you may still be having a problem with the new interface and creating extension profile page for free extensions. Keep in mind, the packaging process is the same. The major change is with the versions tab (this is where you upload the free extension)

You must fill out all the details on this tab,including the checkboxes for which versions you would like to support. If you skip any of this information, the package may not upload properly. When I am approving, I am noticing that some of the packages are not taking, and I think this is why.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Update 10/27

New Updates:

If you previously had an issue with your extension getting the wrong version, that issue has been corrected.
Please be aware that if your extension was in the previously “SUBMITTED” status for a free extension, we’ve moved those back to pending. The reason is because of the 2.0 packaging error that wasn’t taking properly. These extensions will need to be REPACKAGED with a new version number higher than the last.

when you complete this, just click “Submit for Approval” so it goes back to the pending status. I am just an email away if you need assistance.

Many thanks to Rinkart at http://retailtower.com for his assistance with testing this update. smile

Rhonda

Update 10/26
What is the new extension key for paid extensions?

We now give you the ability to switch back and forth between free and paid extensions, this is why it was necessary to set extension keys for each one that existed previously as well as allow you to create your own on new extensions. The extension key error that happened was created extension keys for older extensions. Spaces that previously existed in extension names are causing this problem as you are aware we don’t allow spaces and underscore. These extensions need to be fixed and we’re working on making that happen.

So moving forward please be aware that when you create an extension key for a new extension—it should be similar to the extension name without spaces. My New Extension key would be mynewextension for example.

Once you set this key it cannot be changed.

We’re currently working on fixing the extension keys which causes issues with editing an extension but please stand by for more updates. I felt that it was important to communicate why these extension keys now exist.

Any questions, please feel free to email me directly at rhonda at magento dot com.

Update 10/25

We are still having some problems with extension keys for free extensions so for the time being we’ll only be approving paid external extensions but plan to have the free extension keys for 1.0 and 2.0 fixed up and working again by the end of the week.

Also: You may have noticed that there is now a SUBMITTED status.
In order for us to review your extension—you must click the SUBMIT FOR APPROVAL button to move your extension from “Pending” to the “Submitted” status.

Submitted status triggers us that the extension is ready for a review. This is a change from the previous system.  The pending status is the area for you to continue to work on your extension, then you submit when ready.  It is very important for you to SUBMIT.
As always, I am just an email away -> rhonda at magento dot com

I’ll keep updating this thread as more information becomes available.

Thank you for your continued patience and sorry for the inconvenience.

Rhonda
==================

Update 10/20
We’re starting to review and approve extensions again (in the order submitted to us) You may still experience some problems which have been outlined in this post. Please let me know if you need assistance, and thank you in advance for your patience while we work out some of these issues.

Rhonda
===========================
In order to keep you better informed—Here is a list of issues that we’ve been experiencing and information on where we are at. If you notice any other strange behavior, or have questions, comments, need assistance—please email me directly at rhonda at magento dot com.

-404 errors on extension links - This should be fixed. If you see more of these please email me.

-Unable to save extension updates if the extension key contains spaces. Currently the field is un-editible. We believe this is only present on 3rd party external extensions.

-Extensions Getting Wrong Version on 1.5 for anyone who’s updated since launch. If you’ve updated an extension since the launch of new connect, you may notice that connect is still grabbing the old version of the extension key.

-Downloads are not being counted.  These are turned off while we work out some of the issues with Connect.

-During the transition to the New Magento Connect—We\’ve noticed missing extension descriptions. When this happens the extension status appears to revert to “submitted”.  Please notify me if you need me to set your extension back live.  We are working to see if we can restore the long descriptions.

-Some extensions have reverted back to pending status. We are working to get these live again, please be sure to ping me for updates or assistance.

-Missing reviews? If you are missing extension reviews, contact me directly.

The team is working on these issues and we’ll continue to update this thread with information. Additionally we’ll be updating through @magentoconnect on twitter.

Please check in here if you have questions, need assistance. As always you can email me directly.

Please be aware that Extension Approval is Currently On-Hold while we work out some of the issues.

Rhonda

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Turnkeye
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  908
URL: turnkeye.com

-During the transition to the New Magento Connect—We\’ve noticed missing extension descriptions. When this happens the extension status appears to revert to “submitted”.  Please notify me if you need me to set your extension back live.  We are working to see if we can restore the long descriptions.

Our long module description disappeared, so I replaced it with short one. Is it possible to restore long description somehow?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rhonda_Rondeau
Enthusiast

Culver City

Turnkeye.com - 20 October 2011 10:15 PM

Our long module description disappeared, so I replaced it with short one. Is it possible to restore long description somehow?

Not at the moment, but I’m trying to find out.

Is the extension now in pending/submitted?

Rhonda

Magento Community
Magento Community

kamtechnology

Total Posts:  10
Delaware, USA

Hello,
Can you please update on the known issue below? I am not able to update my extension and add support link for the customer.

-Extensions Getting Wrong Version on 1.5 for anyone who’s updated since launch. If you’ve updated an extension since the launch of new connect, you may notice that connect is still grabbing the old version of the extension key.

Regards
Kamtech

Magento Community
Magento Community

FishPig

Total Posts:  232

Hi Rhonda,

I can’t seem to upload any new versions to my extensions (the \’Edit\’ link has disappeared). Any reason why this would be?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rhonda_Rondeau
Enthusiast

Culver City

kamtechnology - 22 October 2011 07:38 AM

Hello,
Can you please update on the known issue below? I am not able to update my extension and add support link for the customer.

Regards
Kamtech

This should be fixed in the next day or so, thank you for your patience.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rhonda_Rondeau
Enthusiast

Culver City

fishpig - 25 October 2011 07:03 AM

Hi Rhonda,

I can’t seem to upload any new versions to my extensions (the \’Edit\’ link has disappeared). Any reason why this would be?

Hi Ben, can you please send me a screenshot?  Thank you!

Magento Community
Magento Community

FishPig

Hi Rhonda,

I’ve just logged in to screenshot for you but they’re back now! Thanks anyway

Magento Community
Magento Community

heliossolartoys

Total Posts:  1

Rhonda_Rondeau - 19 October 2011 05:45 AM

-Downloads are not being counted.  These are turned off while we work out some of the issues with Connect.

Would it be possible for you guys to turn off the Download Count in the UI if this is going to be a while before a fix is out?  We launched a plugin right when this happened, so our plugin is showing 0 downloads which is very much dissuading new users from installing our plugin.

Magento Community
Magento Community

FishPig

I’m getting the following errors when uploading a new version of my extension:

An error occurred during upload to channel MagentoConnect 1.0: Unable to upload new release Fishpig_Wordpress_Integration-1.9.15.tgz
An error occurred during upload to channel MagentoConnect 2.0: Invalid version. Invalid stability. Invalid channel URL. Empty authors section

Any idea why this is? I feel like it probably a Magento Connect bug rather than something I have done as my process hasn’t changed since my last update and that one uploaded fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stasisimo

Total Posts:  2

Trying to upload package i’m receiving the same problems:
An error occurred during upload to channel MagentoConnect 1.0: Unable to upload new release Mage_Mainpay-1.0.0.tgz
An error occurred during upload to channel MagentoConnect 2.0: Invalid version. Invalid stability. Empty authors section

Answering myself, thanks to this topic:
The problem was in channel name. For package, made through 1.5 or later versions, channel must be “community”.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bhavesh Surani

Total Posts:  20
Ahmedabad

Hello Rhonda,

I have submitted this extension for channel 2.0 and Version 1.5, 1.6 and 1.6.1

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/catalog/product/view/id/10893/

I have marked extension status to submitted before 2 days back and again it mark @ pending. Can you please do let us know exact problem?

One more question...also i would like to submit this extension for support channel 1.0 too, do i need to make separate package for it and submit it? Please suggest. thank you

Magento Community
Magento Community

Shopalize

Total Posts:  2

We are trying to submit new release of extension but getting below error.

An error occurred during upload to channel MagentoConnect 1.0: Unable to upload new release Shopalizes_Product_Sharing_Widget-1.0.7.tgz
An error occurred during upload to channel MagentoConnect 2.0: Invalid version. Invalid stability. Invalid channel URL. Empty authors section

Here i have attached screenshot for more details.

Image Attachments
Add new version - Magento - Magento Connect-Product.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

Wisepricer

Total Posts:  4

the same problem here

An error occurred during upload to channel MagentoConnect 1.0: Unable to upload new release Wisepricer_Syncer-1.1.2.9.tgz

Magento Community
Magento Community

ucommerzapps

Total Posts:  10
London

Basically, I am having a bit of a torrid time uploading my extension version to the store and getting it approved - getting the same error

Magento connect are not replying to my emails - is there anyone I can contact at Magento to help me with this? I’ve exhausted all avenues!

Thanks,
Chris

Image Attachments
upload.png

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community