Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Cannot upload product images in Magento

Webadora

Total Posts:  5

Hello,

I’m about to finish a Magento implementation, but I keep bumping upon one last problem: I cannot upload product images.

I attached two screenshots in which you can see how the GUI reacts to uploading a product image: the image box just turns red without any other notifications.

I’m using Magento 1.6 on an Apache HTTP Server running PHP 5.2.14 with MySQL 5 on Windows XP. I don’t think there could be a problem with permissions regarding this setup.

I’ve enabled the logs (exception and system) in the Magento configuration and this is working fine, because other errors are being inserted in these files. But when I try to upload a product image, there appears nothing in these logs. I just can’t see (or don’t know how to see) what’s going on.

Now, I’ve searched and read a lot of other topics about problems with product images, but I didn’t cross any topics describing the problem that I’m experiencing. I really hope someone could help me out with this problem or point me in another direction.

Any help is very much appreciated!

If you need more information about the installation, please let me know!

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Kind regards,
Kristof

Image Attachments
magento-upload-product-images.pngmagento-upload-product-images-failed.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Webadora

Total Posts:  5

Another suggestion I found in other topics is to try a different version of Adobe’s Flash player.

I’ve tried v10 and v9, but the result was the same with both versions.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

What if you try a different approach to upload images using AJAX Image Uploader? No flash needed. Fast. Easy to use. And even funny :)

Magento Community
Magento Community

tzyganu
Mentor

Total Posts:  2205
Bucharest, Romania

Maybe this helps:
http://marius-strajeru.blogspot.com/2011/09/upload-issue-for-magento-1600.html

Magento Community
Magento Community