Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Setting up a buy one get one free promotion in Magento in shopping cart rules

bigdawglabs

Total Posts:  3

I am trying to set up a promotion in my magenta website,

the promotion is buy one from this category get another from the same category free. (i don’t want it to be buy one product get the same product free , i need it to be buy one from this category get another from this category free)

At the moment I’m having trouble with the condition logic,

If ANY  of these conditions are TRUE :
    If 
total quantity  greater than  1  for a subselection of items in cart matching ALL      of these conditions

Category  contains  123  

If total quantity  greater than  3  for a subselection of items in cart matching ALL  of these conditions

Category  contains  123  

Actions

Apply        
:       Percent of Product Price

Discount Amount 
*  :      50

Maximum Qty Discount is Applied To
:    100

The above takes 50 percent of the total price even if the number of products in the category is uneven,

What i was thinking was,

if the number of the products from category 123 is even then half the price of all them products

if it is an uneven number then subtract 1 from the number of products , half the price and then add back the final 1 to the total price,

any ideas on how i would get this to work guys?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

zero1

Total Posts:  11
Buxton, UK

Our extension will allow Buy X get Y free where X can be any set of products defined in the promotion rule whether it be in a category, matching a brand or any other attribute which is set to be part of the promotion rule, and Y is the cheapest of these products.

You can do;
• BOGOF
• Buy X get the cheapest Free
• Buy X get the cheapest half price (or any set discount percentage)

The extension is called Buy X Get the Cheapest FREE

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

bigdawglabs - 18 October 2011 02:59 AM

the promotion is buy one from this category get another from the same category free. (i don’t want it to be buy one product get the same product free , i need it to be buy one from this category get another from this category free)
any ideas on how i would get this to work guys?

Check the Special Promotions extension, it has buy X get Y free (or with discount) built in, as well as many other advanced rules.  See user guide and online demo at the Special Promotions module page http://amasty.com/special-promotions.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

i95Dev

Total Posts:  64
3 Bethesda Metro Center, Suite 700 Bethesda, Maryl

Hi,

Our extension ‘i95Dev Gift Product’ will enable to achieve this. if you specify amount as $15, then the extension automatically displays “Free Product” when the order amount is greater than $15. Similarly it can be created for any amount.

To know more about this extension, please feel free to check the link.
i95Dev Gift Product

i95Dev Team
One Church Street
Suite# 401
Rockville MD 20850.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community