Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

File Permissions

Tubadu

Total Posts:  1

Update:
I have changed the folder “local” to 777 and after reinstallation the “de_DE” folder was there.
Why has the magento downloader didnt show a failure-message after the first install of the module?

How can I installe other modules? I dont know in which folder a specific module writes.
Is there a list of folder, which need write permission, when I want to install new modules?

Thanks for answers.
Michael

Hi all,

I have set the folder permissions under \\\"Magento Downloader\\\” to 777 (folders) and 666 (files).

I have installed Magento 1.5 and the \\\"Locale_Mage_community_de_DE\\\" Extension. But after doing this, there is not a de_DE folder like ls shop/app/locale/de_DE.

I have take a look like \\\"find -name de_DE\\\” on my server, but i could not find any.

Anyone here, who can solve this quest?

Thanks
Michael

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  906
Huntsville, AL

Hello,

Extensions typically install into:

app/code/community
app/code/local
app/etc/modules

in rare cases they install in order locations. There are also extensions out there that make changes to the database. Please let me know if you have any more specific questions about modules and I’ll be happy to assist you.

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community