Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Trouble downloading / installing Blue Skin (Magento Connect)

Mattc0m

Total Posts:  3

I’ve had numerous problems with Magento Connect so far. However, after figuring out some php.ini issues (popen was disabled, memory was too little, etc) I finally got everything working.

However, now it’s run into installing / downloading issues. I get the following error:

downloading Interface_Frontend_Default_Default_Blue-1.1.1.tgz ...
Starting to download Interface_Frontend_Default_Default_Blue-1.1.1.tgz (950,210 bytes)
. Could not download from “http://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/get/Interface_Frontend_Default_Default_Blue-1.1.1.tgz”, cannot download “magento-core/Interface_Frontend_Default_Default_Blue” (/home/thefrag/public_html/downloader/pearlib/download/Interface_Frontend_Default_Default_Blue-1.1.1.tgz: write failed (Undefined variable: php_errormsg))
Error: cannot download “magento-core/Interface_Frontend_Default_Default_Blue”
downloading Interface_Frontend_Default-1.1.5.tgz ...
Starting to download Interface_Frontend_Default-1.1.5.tgz (1,061,368 bytes)
Could not download from “http://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/get/Interface_Frontend_Default-1.1.5.tgz”, cannot download “magento-core/Interface_Frontend_Default” (/home/thefrag/public_html/downloader/pearlib/download/Interface_Frontend_Default-1.1.5.tgz: write failed (Undefined variable: php_errormsg))
Error: cannot download “magento-core/Interface_Frontend_Default”
Install Errors
Download failed
PEAR ERROR: install failed

I’m utterly baffled. What is the problem? It’s telling me there is a php_errormsg, but what is it? Is there any way I can find out what the problem is, exactly?

I’ve installed the Modern Theme just fine, it’s this one (Blue Theme) that is causing my issues.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

turbo1

Total Posts:  296
Los Angeles, CA

Hi, I had this same issue when I was testing it on my local XAMPP server. It was the firewall in my case, it was preventing MC from working right. I hope that helps.. disable any firewall/antivirus and see if that fixes it.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community