Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgrade or not? 

wjohan

Total Posts:  46
Monnickendam

Hi guys,

I have a new magento installation which runs on 1.5.1.0. I’m in doubt if I should upgrade or not. I just bought many extensions and I don’t know if they are compatible with 1.6, but I bought them recently so I think they are. Furthermore, I don’t have experience with upgrading either, perhaps it is better to just stick with magento 1.5 and later when I have more experience that I will upgrade to 1.6. What do you guys think, upgrade right away or first get more familiar with upgrading?

Cheers,

Joey

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Alexandrable

Total Posts:  55

Hey Joey,

I’d suggest making a fresh installation of Magento 1.6 and then moving all your database from the old 1.5.1.0. More than that, if you make sure your extensions are already compatible with 1.6, it would be perfect for you to make the fresh 1.6.

And to move all your store database to the new installation, you can use this service: http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/supported-carts/55-magento

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community