Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Unable to modify prices and inventory quantities after upgrade to 1.1.8

Clay

Total Posts:  5

I have some configurable products that were working fine in v1.1.7.  Now, with the upgrade to v1.1.8, I can’t change the price and the inventory shows “0”.  I associated two simple products with configurable product.  I changed the price on both of the simple products and made sure the inventory is correct.  Then I saved them.  However, the price never changes on the configurable product on the front end and the inventory now reflects “0”.

Is anyone else having this problem, and if so, found a solution?

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

alex.bsc
Guru

Total Posts:  340

not only this but my google checkout orders after trying to update the table rates have postage costs of 0!!!

i just had an order go through with free shipping, way below the free shipping threshold.
and i now can not get rid of free shipping for google checkout orders, for any cart value amount!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

joyously
Guru

Total Posts:  447

@Clay:  I thought the configurable product controlled the price and not the simple product.  There’s a big extension you can use if you want the simple product to control the price. 
But I might be misunderstanding what you are doing. Are you saying you changed the price adjustment in the associated products portion of the configurable product or did you change the price by editing the simple product itself?  Is your change there when you edit the product again? (meaning it did get saved)

@alex.bsc: Yours sounds very different from Clay’s. Did your change to the table rate get saved (it’s there when you edit again)?  If so, maybe the problem is somewhere else. I know other people have said that price rules weren’t working right in 1.1.8.

Magento Community
Magento Community

alex.bsc
Guru

Total Posts:  340

yes i saved it then opened the csv in a text editor also.
i also even tried surrounding the values in quotes as i read somewhere else that this was necessary in 1.1.6.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Clay

Total Posts:  5

I think I see what is going on now. Apparently the “price” attribute is not appearing in the configurable product.  When I checked the attribute set for this configurable product, I see the price as an attribute for the set, but it does not appear on the back end where it usually does above the “cost” field.

I can’t seem to manipulate it in the attribute set to make it appear in the back end “price” category. 

Any thoughts?

Magento Community
Magento Community

joyously
Guru

Total Posts:  447

Clay - 18 December 2008 06:20 PM

I think I see what is going on now. Apparently the “price” attribute is not appearing in the configurable product.  When I checked the attribute set for this configurable product, I see the price as an attribute for the set, but it does not appear on the back end where it usually does above the “cost” field.

I can’t seem to manipulate it in the attribute set to make it appear in the back end “price” category. 

Any thoughts?

Just that each attribute has a property called “Apply To” which is what product types the attribute is applied to. When I look at my price attribute (unchanged from the default as far as I know), it says Apply To all but Grouped Products, and to Use in Layered Navigation. Since it’s a System attribute, you can’t get rid of it in the atttribute set, but you can move it around to a different place in the tabs.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community