Magento Forum

Daily Product Deals not group buying deals like groupon

apsolar

Total Posts:  9

Hello,

I want to use magento to build a daily deals website.  These are not group buying deals.
It is a very simple site with 1-3 deals everyday. The deals will timeout or sellout.
I have searched a lot for extensions for this purpose. None so far. I am aware there are groupon like extensions but that is not what I am after.

Any suggestions to guide me in the right direction?
Is magento not the solution for this site?
Is there some inbuilt feature in magento that enable me to build a daily deal site? I could have missed something.

please help :(

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ayubcbe

Total Posts:  1

Hi,

This can be done through daily deal extension from Adolmedia.

It can be used either as groupon clone or genric daily deal website without group buying concept.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NaveenJaihind

Total Posts:  2

Magento Daily Deals Extensions - ONLY $39 - View Detail Now:http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/catalog/product/view/id/16633/

Daily deals extension : A product which is discounted on a webshop will be prominently noticed if it is attached to a countdown timer and promotional price that create a momentum and an urge for the customer to rush for it.

Our Magento Daily Deals extension containing those above mentioned features will help you create and administer daily promotion for your products with a peace of mind. You can setup countdown timer for daily deal, weekly deal or for any time period you want. You are able to adjust the amount of product to sell during the promotion campaign.

Deal accompanied with countdown timer on each product will be displayed on Category product list page and Product details page, which makes your deal more noticeable.

What makes this extension essentially special and should-not-miss? The possibilities to create a separate page to list all ongoing deals with adequate promotion information and to select different configurations to match your own websites are believed to drive your decision.

Daily Deals Features:

Create deal easily by selecting the Special price and Special price time.
Adjustable amount of products to discount for simple products
Viewable statistics of every deal status (Processing, Running, Complete…)
Recordable statistics of complete deals
Ability for the system to update deal status after either the customer has finished the order or the order has been completed
Availability of different configuration for Deal page (Title, Meta keyword, Meta description…)

Magento Community
Magento Community

matthewhill1

Total Posts:  1

IndiesWebs - 07 March 2013 05:18 AM

Hello,

Indieswebs has created Magento Daily Deals extension which allows a store owner to set one product as a special deal of the day every day. The extension takes a product from special products and sets it on homepage as a special deal of the day with a timer of hours/days set from admin. Deal ends; new product is selected; new deal starts!

Check out some of the features of this Extension:

• This extension will take a product from special products of the store and display it on homepage for a day as deal of the day. This one day time can be changed to any amount of time period.
• Once the product in deal of the day is sold out a new product is chosen at random and set as the new deal of the day.
• To display or hide the stock of the product can be set from backend based on how the stock is managed.
• Admin can set to perform specific actions when the counter of daily deals reaches zero or when the deal expires.
• The “Daily Deal” section on frontend consists of various fields:
- Product Image
- Short description of the product
- A link to product detail page for additional information on the product
- Original price of the product and the new special price
- The timer that counts down the deal’s active time
- Product’s remaining stock
- Add to cart button which again links to the product’s detail page
- Custom welcome text displayed in the first line. It can be set from the admin area.

For more features and information about this module: http://www.indieswebs.com/magento-daily-deals.html

You can also contact us for customizing this module as per your requirements: Contact Us

Thank you for the help

Magento Community
Magento Community

serpyre
Guru

Total Posts:  737

Why not just create an on-sale today category. This is how we do it with a script that adds/removes the products on sale automatically to/from the category, it is also how the top sites do it. We find it easier to manage just setting the special from price and date.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ec0mmerce

Total Posts:  197

Hi

If you require advanced functionality for limited time offers/ daily deals, would like to offer this FLASH / PRIVATE SALES extension which easily allows to run limited time campaigns as well as delivers all other features that private sales store has to offer.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NickMcCoy

Total Posts:  9

I used this Coupon and Daily Deal module and its work great for me and may help you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

FMEExtensions
Mentor

Total Posts:  1140

You can definitely use Magento for creating a deals website. In fact Magento can be used for any type of service, whether it is for a blog, news or ecommerce. All you need is to use appropriate plugin or do your own custom work. Use following extension to create a deals website.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/events-discount-deals-packages.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community