Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

In-Store Pickup Only (Not accept Payment)

kreg1012

Total Posts:  3

Hey everyone,

Im new to magento and i was hoping i could get some guidance. This is also my first e-commerce client and ive read that magento is the most robust e-commerce platform out there so im really excited to give this a try.

Basically the customer wants customers his customers to be able to place an order online for pickup and pickup only. He doesnt want them to be able to pay for it. Rather he wants the order to be placed and an invoice sent to someone so they can prepare it.

On top of that he wants a manageable inventory system that would be shown live on the front end of the site as well so customers can see how much of each product are available. Also im sure he will want different selectable quantities because he is a bulk retailer. For example

1-10 units: $5 per
11 - 20 units: $4 per
21 - 30 units: $3 per

So just looking for some suggestions from some of you who might have experience with this kind of situation before and i would really appreciate some guidance. Thanks in advance!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Shipping: enable the flat rate only, and rename it to “In store pickup”.  Admin > System > Configuration > Shipping Methods.
Payment. enable “Check/Money Order” only and rename it to, say “Cache”. Admin > System > Configuration > Payment Methods
Stock: each product has a stock level, pretty straightforward.
Different selectable quantities: each product has tier pices, feel free to use that feature.

Hope it helps.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community