Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can an image be setup to offer multiple products, in this case a gallery? 

kareed

Total Posts:  2

Hi,
I am looking a magento to build a site that functions as a gallery.  I want to upload images and offer several different sized prints off of this one image and I will have thousands of images with similar pricing.  I can’t find any way to do this with the pricing model that it seems to have.  Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

DavidMcLUSA

Total Posts:  1

I’m relatively new using Magento, but I believe you would have to create a configurable product.

Basically, create a simple product for each desired size of each image you’re selling, then create a configurable product that is displayed in your store for sale. 
The ‘configurable’ part is the size that they would select, that would then turn into the associated simple product in the order.

Hope that helps.

dbm

Magento Community
Magento Community

kareed

Total Posts:  2

I am brand new.  I downloaded and installed it to see how the configuration of pricing worked.  I tried to work with the configurable products and watched the video on it and I wasn’t sure that I could get where I wanted to go.  The video showed a few things that my install didn’t have so I couldn’t follow it exactly.  If you know where I could find more information on how this could be accomplished that would be great, so far it looks like a cool program and I would like to use it.  I am intending to somehow add a lot of images to the site, with the images separated into in many categories.  I am looking for it to look something like this.

|                               |            16x20        $35.00      Add to Cart
      |                               |            20x30        $45.00      Add to Cart
      |                               |
      |_____________ |

One of my other concerns is how fast I can configure a group of images to show the option of several different print sizes with corresponding pricing.  We anticipate that we will have possibly 100,000 image within a short period of time and offering somewhere around 10 different options.  Looking at grouped or configurable products it looks like I need an entry for each option for each image.  This would create a lot of entries in the database and create a lot of work when I need to modify the pricing.  All images within a category would have the same configuration.
Thanks again

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community