Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product bulk ordering in different sizes

Shaaa

Total Posts:  77

Can someone explain me how to create a product with bulk ordering option.

my product should have 2 custom options (Color & Year) with drop down in addition to the Quantity.

Where as in quantity i may have different sizes of the product, so that the customer must be able to order any quantity in each size that they wish to order. And also i must be able to categorize the sizes and show them in presentable way.

Eg.

Small-----------------Medium----------------Large

3’6"-3’8"----------------4’6"-4’8"----------------5’6"-5’8"
3’9"-3’11"---------------4’9"-4’11"-------------5’9"-5’11"
4’0"-4’2"----------------5’0"-5’2"----------------6’0"-6’2"

Close working example of my requirement is as in this link
http://www.graduationsource.com/faculty/bachelors/cap-gown-tassel/adult-shiny-black-cap-gown-tassel.html

So i need your help to identify what type of product i should create in Magento. Is it Simple Product, Configurable Product or Grouped Product?

Most importantly i need the individual product to display in store which has unique id and sku. (So in this case i guess Configurable Product option is will not work for me. But am not 100% sure on this)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

Small-----------------Medium----------------Large

3’6"-3’8"----------------4’6"-4’8"----------------5’6"-5’8"
3’9"-3’11"---------------4’9"-4’11"-------------5’9"-5’11"
4’0"-4’2"----------------5’0"-5’2"----------------6’0"-6’2”

You can create each product as as simple product and make them view able individually

You can then create a configurable for each simple that you can show on your category pages. Make sure you attributes are viewable on your frontend and your layered nav will take care of everything else!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Shaaa

Total Posts:  77

Hi Brent,

Thanks for your reply. I think i must dive into core Magento features like this.
If you have any references please guide me to that.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community