Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Simple Bundle with Fix Price

khairulashraff

Total Posts:  4

Magento is missing the most simple feature of Bundle product. Magento’s bundle product only supports base price and then adds each individual price to the final price. I don’t want that.

I want to bundle up a few product and sell it with a single price. For example I have a keyboard and mouse. Each they are selling for $25. But buy them both (in a bundle) I’ll sell it for $40.

The customer doesn’t get to pick what mouse or what keyboard or how many they want. These two product, in a bundle for $40. That’s it. Buy it separately and its $25 for each.

Can it be done?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

It can be done with help of the shopping cart rules.  Set condition cart contains both mouse and keyboard and set fixed price for them as 20 (20+20=40).  In the description you can indicate that it is a bundle.  Fixed price discount type, as well as detailed discount breakdown are available with the Special Promotions extension.

Magento Community
Magento Community

khairulashraff

Total Posts:  4

Well after looking around, I just made an overriding module myself. Turns out to be very simple. Need to edit only 1 single file.

I can’t release the code since its company copyrighted but I can tell all you need to edit is

app\code\core\Mage\Bundle\Model\Product\Price.php
Find
public function getSelectionPrice

and just return a 0. That’s all there is to it.

Now all you need to do is set the Bundle product as you want. It will take that price and not add up each simple product’s price.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rldev

Total Posts:  7

Will this be able to track the different skus of the bundled products?

Magento Community
Magento Community

PieterC

Total Posts:  19
Belgium

Hello,

What you want is to create a promoset!
This is a bundle with some products and a discount price on it.

Have a look at our Promoset module, which makes it possible to give discounts on bundles.
The advantage you have is an upsell-like view on every product that is included in the promoset.
You can also add custom options on the promoset.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask them.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community