Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Adminnotification 1.1

MageParts
Guru

Total Posts:  415

Hello all, I’ve been developing Magento for a while now and I finally feel as if I’ve got something to share. I’ve updated the adminnotification module, see changes below.

1. Flash is no longer required
2. API features
3. New config options
4. HTML message text

API
Currently there is only one API function, which allows you to send messages to the shop through SOAP calls.

New config options
- Turn off/on “display on entrance”
- Display last message or last unread message upon entrance
- Only unique URL:s
- Only unique messages

View action
Displays a notifications HTML message text (if any) and puts a “Read more” link at the bottom of the page. Links linking to the last received message will either send the user to the view action (if there was any HTML message text) or to the external link provided.

[ UPDATE ]
I reviewed the files which previously where uploaded here today and realized that there where quite a few errors in the packages. My apologize, I’ll take the packages down until further notice. One of the config files produces a few errors in certain parts of Magento, thus I need to do some rewrites. I will try to have a new copy up as soon as possible. If anybody would like to obtain a copy you can PM me and I will send the latest updates I have of the files, even if they are not error free. Sorry, I will be more careful with checking my files before I upload them next tiem oh oh

// Bockbertil

Image Attachments
Screenshot1.pngScreenshot2.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

cbsteven

Total Posts:  73

Can you explain a little bit more about what this actually does? It’s a big vague. Is it a way for a user on the site to send a message to the admin?

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageParts
Guru

Total Posts:  415

Regarding the API
Well, lets say that you have 10 clients set up with Magento’s system. Notifications are usually retrieved from an RSS channel, which means that all your users will receive the same notifications. Though sometimes you might just wanna notify one client about something, in those cases this is what you would use. You can through a SOAP call from an external file (example included in TestAPI.php) send a message to one selected shop instead of putting the message in your RSS channel to be picked up by all users pointed to said RSS channel.

So this is basically a way for a administrator to send a notification to a selected shop rather then to all of them.

I hope this clarifies things :)

// Bockbertil

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community