Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgrading from 1.3.2.4 to 1.6 (via 1.5)

Brady
Guru

Total Posts:  330
Orange County, CA

I’m attempting to update a store from 1.3.2.4 to 1.6 and I hear the best way to do it is baby steps - 1.3.2.4 > 1.4.2.0 > 1.5 > 1.6.

My update from 1.3.2.4 to 1.4.2.0 goes smoothly but when I try to update to 1.5 or 1.6, I get an error:
ERROR: Error in file: “/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/sql/sales_setup/mysql4-upgrade-1.4.0.21-1.4.0.22.php” - SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry ‘00317305’ for key ‘UNQ_INCREMENT_ID’.

The only thing I can think of is I had Fooman’s Invoice = Order Number extension installed that makes the invoice and order numbers all the same for easier accounting tracking.

Any idea how to fix this?

My upgrade method is as follows:
Set default theme
Turn off all 3rd party extensions
Remove all files
Unzip new installer and point to old database

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community