Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

POS system with Inventory Control for Web Sales and Physical Location Sales

getrxd

Total Posts:  15

Hey Guys,

I realize there’s already a similar thread to this same issue, but I wanted to see if there was an easier way to set this up.

We are a physical location and have many walk-in customers, but are also selling online. Right now, the problem is that for walk-in customers, they will pay using our credit card terminal while online customers pay through our Magento website using Paypal. When walk-in customers come, inventory is not updated on the Magento website since the credit card terminal is not linked with Magento.

I was thinking about having ALL customers pay through our Magento website. So when someone walks in, we just have them get on our website on one of our computers and they go through the whole ordering process through the website with us there. Obviously not the most “professional” way to do this, but it will at least keep inventory up to date on the website.

The problem is that PayPal will begin to “block” transactions if they see a bunch of different cards being used from the same physical location. My question is - what types of payment options are there that have low setup/transaction fees similar to PayPal but do not have this extra security feature built in? As in, they will allow different credit cards from the same location.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

getrxd

caspernick - 12 October 2011 04:52 AM

Firstly, do you use a POS system in your store, and if so, which one?  Secondly, are you running all the inventory tracking within Magento? 
Third, you can add a payment gateway to your Magento for about $15 per month and the fees are slightly less than Paypal, so depending on the volume, you may be better off.
Either way, the solution I use is Quickbooks POS, which communicates via Webgility’s ECC, to my Magento store.  It is not a cheap route to take, but it allows the synchronization of items and Inventory, thus creating much less hassle in the long run.

Hey Caspernick, thanks for the reply. The POS system is just a credit card terminal… we type into Quickbooks what the order is and then just charge the credit card with the credit card terminal. I’d like to run all the inventory tracking with Magento and move away from Quickbooks if possible. I think that would be the best way to do it right away while keeping costs either low or free. Where do I find info on the payment gateway I can add to Magento? Will this let me process orders in my store with a bunch of different credit cards and can be linked up with my Magento website for inventory purposes?

Also, for the long run when I have more money to spend, I guess I could integrate Magento with Quickbooks although I do not see a point if I can track all orders and inventory on Magento at this moment in time…
But, Is there a system that makes it so that it does not matter if we process through Quickbooks or through Magento, one inventory will update the other and vice versa? I did see that there are programs that lets you update inventory and transfer orders from Magento onto Quickbooks, but does it work the other way around so that if we process an order on Quickbooks it can also produce the order on Magento and deduct from Magento’s inventory as well so that the 2 are always in sync?

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

getrxd

Talked to Authorize the other day, not a big fan of their fees though… way higher cost than PayPal. Might have to use them any way though… which is sad.

Thanks for your help

Magento Community
Magento Community

nChannel
Guru

Total Posts:  329

Perhaps you can simply integrate your POS system with your online Magento store. That way when someone makes a purchase either online or via your storefront, you can have everything integrated including inventory. So if a person purchases something online, your inventory will update to display the most recent stock available. We offer a POS integration solution with Magento to help make this an easy integration: http://www.nchannel.com/connect-magento-2/

Let me know if you have questions.

Darren
info@nChannel.com
800-406-8217

Magento Community
Magento Community

tiffanyKC

Total Posts:  5

Kosmos Central offers a POS integration for Magento that would make your job a lot easier and less confusing. You can simplify your business and drive more value from your existing investments. Your current process seems quite time consuming. As a business owner, you might want to consider an integration synchronizing your POS system with Magento for the following reasons:

You’ll stop having to maintain two separate platforms with the Kosmos Central integration. It will instantly upload product data to your online store and download orders. It will be much easier to manage your store as well as build other sales channels. And, you’ll reduce redundancy of information and prevent double data entry.

Kosmos Central has worked with businesses of all sizes to implement comprehensive data synchronization. You can check out an article about the features and benefits of a POS Magento integration here: http://kosmoscentral.com/magento-microsoft-dynamics-rms-integration
or just give us a call with any questions.

Tiffany Chuk
Kosmos Central
(888) 256-7667

Magento Community
Magento Community

adalinaabella

Total Posts:  4

nChannel - 06 May 2013 06:37 AM

Perhaps you can simply integrate your POS system with your online Magento store. That way when someone makes a purchase either online or via your storefront, you can have everything integrated including inventory. So if a person purchases something online, your inventory will update to display the most recent stock available. We offer a POS integration solution with Magento to help make this an easy integration: http://www.nchannel.com/connect-magento-2/

Let me know if you have questions.

Darren
info@nChannel.com
800-406-8217

Yes, exactly I agreed! This is one of the easiest way to short out your problem. Because from past days one of my friend was facing the same problem and he also used the same technique and now the problem of his is gonna solve. So, you should go with him I think.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nChannel
Guru

Total Posts:  329

Were you able to find a solution that works for you? what did you go with?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Attan

Total Posts:  23

Hi,
I think that installing a Magento POS module is the best solution. I am using Web POS for Admin Checkout extension from Magestore for my store. It can synchronize the stock in online and physical store really well.

You can check the module here: http://www.magestore.com/magento-pos-integration-extension.html?___SID=U#

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community