Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Require my imported CSV file to update the Product Inventory “Minimum Qty Allowed in Shopping Cart” to a value of 1

stingerbee

Total Posts:  6

Hi Everyone

I’m progressing well with my very first Magento online shop but I’ve been caught up with a problem associated with the minimum quantity showing in the add to cart box for the default value of 1.

I know that I can set it either in the System Config>Inventory area or for each product in the Manage product section by either adding a 1 or checking the box determined whether or not the control is coming from the Sys config or Product Manager.

A csv file will be used to import the necessary products.

Yes I could do it either way but I’m importing over 5000 products so I need a more automated way to have that box checked in the Inventory section of Product Manager.

Any ideas?  I’ve tried just about all I am capable of, so I’m calling on your better judgment and expertice....anyone ?

Thanks in advance

Stingerbee wink

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

fritzelly

Total Posts:  53

If you set the minimum qty to 1 for “All Groups” it will show a 1 in the add to cart box for every product, else just add a min_qty column to your csv

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  877
FRANCE

and of course ,for 5000 products, i would highly recommend magmi. (this would speed up your import in a way you couldn’t imagine & add high flexibiliy on ingestable data format)
if you use magmi, you don’t even have to add a column to your csv, just ask the Default value Setter plugin to set min_qty to 1.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stingerbee

Total Posts:  6

Thanks guys
Valuable information that I’ll take on board.

Much appreciated.......Stingerbee

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community