Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page.xml changes don’t seem to take effect & moving the search area

willsmith727

Total Posts:  2

Hi, I am new to Magento and would be greatful if you could offer me some help. smile.

I understand that ‘page.xml’ is a pretty important file and controls the layout of most of the store pages? However when I make a change to it (or even delete all its content) my store seems to work fine still.

Basically I have created a homepage which uses the ‘3columns.phtml’ file and am now trying to move the ‘search box’ from its position in the header to the left column. What should my steps be to successfully move it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I seem to have got myself in a bit of a muddle.

Cheers,
Will

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

crxman

Total Posts:  57

Hello Will you also have to do some changes in the header and footer template to see the changes wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

willsmith727

Total Posts:  2

Thanks for your reply.

What exactly do I need to change?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community