Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product Name changes show in backend but not frontend

intensity

Total Posts:  48

So I’m encountering a weird problem here.  I imported a bunch of products using DataFlow from an M$ XML file.  I exported the file, made a lot of changes to the spreadsheet, including changing most of the names of the products, saved it as XML, then uploaded it.  In the backend all the changes took effect.  Great!  Except it shows the old names in the frontend.  I have cached turned off and I’ve refreshed the cache.  I’ve gone in and changed the names in the backend with the same result.  I can change the descriptions and everything, that works fine, it just won’t change the name of the product.  What am I missing here?

TIA

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

intensity

I’ve now exported the catalog back out and it exports the old names instead of the one’s I just imported in, even though the new names are displayed in the backend.  What gives?  Is it really necessary to drop a product from the catalog in order to change it’s name?

Magento Community
Magento Community

intensity

Moving this to a previously started thread.
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/1348/#

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community