Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Search Box / Search in General

brendanb
Mentor

Total Posts:  1093
London, United Kingdom

Hi,

So I’ve been posting here a long time. Right since the beginning there have been issues with this forum.
Trying to find answers is never easy due to a few factors like:
Speed when trying to post
No advanced search. I dont think this has ever worked.
The old copy’n paste when replying to a post because there is a good chance the post will just crash and then i have to re-enter the details.

So this in turn makes its harder for me to help other out. Your making my life harder, and thus this impacts others. I try and help out by doing quick wins to help others round here. But now I have to search within a specific forum for a question, and an answer.

I have seen suggestions about using google to search the site. I dont believe this is the answer. The forum should provide the searching, not google.

To me, and this is a my point of view, no one wants to deal with the issue. No advanced search, now no global search. Its like your taking away options, than adding to them.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

elfling
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  901

Lol.. took me a while to find this post, due to no search features available.

But +1 from my point of view.

I often end up having to use my own members page to track back to a forum post because I am unable to locate it again from a google search.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ecommerce glasgow

Total Posts:  7

this is shocking by magento, to me this looks a desperate attempt to force people to buy a support contract,

how can magento justify making it complex to search a forum, unless there is a hidden agenda.

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Total Posts:  633
Bakersfield, CA

I just noticed the search feature is gone too.  This is ridiculous.  I’m trying to find some old threads and I can’t because there is no search.  Then I also noticed that on the new Magento Connect extension pages, there isn’t a link to the extensions forum anymore.  I have to go to Google and do a search just to find it.  And that means anyone who comes to the extension page won’t be able to get help through the forums.  They won’t see previous threads that might answer their questions.  Instead, I am getting email after email after email asking for information or help that’s already been provided in the forums.  This is just stupid.  I’m pretty close to just pulling my extension and saying to hell with it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

brendanb
Mentor

Total Posts:  1093
London, United Kingdom

Is anyone from magento going to comment as to why this was done?.
At least give us some feedback as to the purpose of this change.

You making this sure less and less usable.

brendan

Magento Community
Magento Community

chaproo

Total Posts:  48

Yeh its so annoying not been able to search! I really can not fathom out why ? very unusual. I do have my opinions but i wont post them.

Please please can the magento team put teh search back in it really makes a differnce in searching.

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

ModifyMage

Total Posts:  84

Indeed. The forums are virtually useless without search. Perhaps that is the point.

Magento Community
Magento Community

anynobody

Total Posts:  1

Every time i search i get exactly “Total Results: 847” with “Page 1 of 43” !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

guido7

Total Posts:  40

why has the search box disappeared again?!?!?!  This happened ages ago when magento removed its own search and later put on a google-based search.  But now nothing again......  shock

Very odd behaviour.  Surely this affects even the enterprise customers/solution providers?  Instead of magento sending emails saying how amazing everything is at conferences, etc., why not emails at least keeping us in the loop about what is going on with issues like this that affect everyone...?

(does anyone else feel that they are part of some grand divine test?)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rich Cleverley

Total Posts:  285

Search has returned to the site.  Take a look in the top black bar next to My Account.  Still uses Google search.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Twin Signals

Total Posts:  12

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but I think this is a move by Magento to get people over to Magento answers?

Magento answers does look like a nice interface , but currently doesn’t have the knowledge base we all require. While the search was off, I did try and use Answers, so the tactic worked, but the content wasn’t there. It did leave me worried about the future and a squeeze on the community edition.

I hope this community version continues to grow, I’m fed up of learning new carts and I, as most of us have, have invested many hours on learning this unique structure.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chaproo

Total Posts:  48

Thanks for bringing the search back magento team. Appreciate it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

davison

Total Posts:  56

Thanks for your work to bring back it. Cheers smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

blau16

Total Posts:  31

very good. Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

johnstardling

Total Posts:  8

Magento is the best i would recommend it to all those who use online cart system =)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community