Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I add subproducts in Magento? 

befree22

Total Posts:  26

I was able to migrate my oscommerce/creloaded shopping cart using the MagentoConnect osc migration tool with the help of my very supportive webhost. Milestone moment. grin

Now, I have all of my products listed as simple products. However, most of them are variations of the same product. In other words, there is the main product, ex. soap, but there are different weights, prices, and SKU of the same soap. I’d rather keep my cart simple and list the different sizes as one product with the different weight and price options listed on the same page.

Could someone tell me the best way to add subproducts? I’m attempting to add sub products in the edit Product Information>Custom Options field but there is no way to account for the different weights/sizes. If Magento doesn’t have sub product feature, will I have to settle for cross-selling so that I list the different weights and prices? 

Oh, how I love Magento and my new webhost.

Thanks a lot,

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

befree22

Total Posts:  26

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Does the Magento Team have any mulitple attribute field feature in in the edit Product Information>Custom Options field which will support subproduct listings? Or can this be a configurable product with different weights, prices and SKU’s included?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community