Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

After Upgrade No Backend, No Frontend, No Errors

Mellow

Total Posts:  13

Hy,

i have upgrade my Magetno Installation from 1.3.3 to 1.4.2, then 1.4.2 to 1.5.0.1 and finally 1.5.0.1 to 1.6.0.
The MagentoConnect works fine, all the Add-Ons have the newest Version installed.

But if i try to connect to the Frontend, the Page is loading and loading and for me it looks like after a timeout, it Shows ERROR 500.
Same for the Backend…

I have seen that the Setup have changed the htaccess File and i have configured the ReWriteBase to the correct setting and checked all the Rest of this File…

Any idea how i get this fixed? I dont like to load my Backup and have the 1.3.3 :-(

Thank you

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ThaMink

Total Posts:  4

It’s most likely a permissions issue.  That’s what most of the 500 errors are.  Take a look here…

Resetting Permissions

Basically, you need to do this from the command line from the root of your store. (assuming non-windows environment)

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/groups/227/resetting_file_permissions

find . -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;
find . -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;
chmod 550 pear
chmod 550 mage #for magento 1.5+

Magento Community
Magento Community

freshwebs

Total Posts:  153
Leicestershire, UK

Hi,
Resetting the permissions worked for me after upgrading from 1.6 to 1.6.1.0 led to a server error.
Thanks,

Magento Community
Magento Community

flavormed

Total Posts:  25

Did you check your .htaccess to see if php is enable for CGI mode (if that is what you use)? Sometimes when I copy files over for an upgrade, I forget to change the .htaccess and I get blank screens like that.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community